Issue with version Katalon Studio 5.4.1 (Mac) and multiple macOS users

When Katalon Studio 5.4.1 for Mac is installed, it works fine for the first user. But when another user launches the App, it gets a configuration error:

“An error has occurred.”

See the log file: /Users/testuser/.eclipse/193395829_macosx_cocoa_x86_64/configuration/1524745828170.log

In my scenario, the first user is an admin, the second user is standard, but I don’t think it matters. It seems that some configuration data for the first user is being installed in the Application itself. The location is /Applications/Katalon Studio and its configuration folder seems to be updated by the first user.

I encountered this error twice and it is easy to reproduce.

Attaching the log file. Attached Katalon Studio app contents screenshot.

My rig’s specs:
Mac OS X 10.13.4 High Sierra
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3"

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Note macOS 10.13.4 runs Katalon Studio very very well. It works with Apple’s safaridriver with Safari, and Firefox behaves pretty much that same as Chrome. In fact all three are pretty close.

1524745828170.log

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 8.40.48 AM.png

Hi Toss,

This issue occurs in case the second user doesn’t have permission to write on **/Applications/**Katalon Studio.app. Please grant write permission to the second users then relaunch Katalon Studio. Hope this help.

Thanks

1 Like

Isn’t it a security issue giving users write access to the Application? I would hope you will reconsider this in the future and store any written data per user to the users’s Application Support folder under ~/Library

1 Like

We already noted this.
Thanks for your suggestion, Todd.

2 Likes

Hi, I am having the same problem. But granting write access to the user (or to anyone) doesn’t change the behavior. Should I be doing something more than changing the permissions in the Info box?

Thanks,

I’m also on Mojave, if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Hi, I am having the same problem. Tried granting write access to all available users but still the same behavior. Can you please suggest me on this?

Hi, I am having the same problem. Tried granting write access to all available users but still the same behavior. Can you please suggest me on this?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.