IOS Unable to start application

I followed the instructions from the below video in order to install the IOS for katalon.

https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/videos/ios_android_setup_macos_2.html

When i tried to complete the IOS setup, one the last step that you have to run the command in order to see your device on local i had the message on the screen below. Can someone help me ? thank you

Hi @dimitrios.d,

Can you try removing the platform part of the -destination parameter so it’s just -destination 'id=ff18deb...'?

Hope this helps,

Chris

When i tried to remove the platform part the xcodebuild command cannot be executed because its seems that the platform part is a mandatory field. After trying executing the command, the xcodebuild return us usage instructions. Thus the command needs the platform field to be executed.
Any other help ???

Hi @dimitrios.d,

That’s interesting that you’re getting an error about the usage. Here is the command I’m running:

xcodebuild -project WebDriverAgent.xcodeproj -scheme WebDriverAgentRunner -destination 'id=AA65C6FC-9E75-48AB-AB1E-A3FD696D0BD6' test

I’m using Xcode 10.2.

– Chris

The same issue on katalon,
When i run the command u send me i had the below results:

Usage: xcodebuild [-project ] [[-target ]…|-alltargets] [-configuration ] [-arch ]… [-sdk [|]] [-showBuildSettings [-json]] [=]… []…
xcodebuild [-project ] -scheme [-destination ]… [-configuration ] [-arch ]… [-sdk [|]] [-showBuildSettings [-json]] [-showdestinations] [=]… []…
xcodebuild -workspace -scheme [-destination ]… [-configuration ] [-arch ]… [-sdk [|]] [-showBuildSettings] [-showdestinations] [=]… []…
xcodebuild -version [-sdk [|] [-json] [] ]
xcodebuild -list [[-project ]|[-workspace ]] [-json]
xcodebuild -showsdks [-json]
xcodebuild -exportArchive -archivePath [-exportPath ] -exportOptionsPlist
xcodebuild -exportNotarizedApp -archivePath -exportPath
xcodebuild -exportLocalizations -localizationPath -project [-exportLanguage …]
xcodebuild -importLocalizations -localizationPath -project
xcodebuild -resolvePackageDependencies [-project |-workspace ] -clonedSourcePackagesDirPath

Options:
-usage print brief usage
-help print complete usage
-verbose provide additional status output
-license show the Xcode and SDK license agreements
-checkFirstLaunchStatus Check if any First Launch tasks need to be performed
-runFirstLaunch install packages and agree to the license
-project NAME build the project NAME
-target NAME build the target NAME
-alltargets build all targets
-workspace NAME build the workspace NAME
-scheme NAME build the scheme NAME
-configuration NAME use the build configuration NAME for building each target
-xcconfig PATH apply the build settings defined in the file at PATH as overrides
-arch ARCH build each target for the architecture ARCH; this will override architectures defined in the project
-sdk SDK use SDK as the name or path of the base SDK when building the project
-toolchain NAME use the toolchain with identifier or name NAME
-destination DESTINATIONSPECIFIER use the destination described by DESTINATIONSPECIFIER (a comma-separated set of key=value pairs describing the destination to use)
-destination-timeout TIMEOUT wait for TIMEOUT seconds while searching for the destination device
-parallelizeTargets build independent targets in parallel
-jobs NUMBER specify the maximum number of concurrent build operations
-maximum-concurrent-test-device-destinations NUMBER the maximum number of device destinations to test on concurrently
-maximum-concurrent-test-simulator-destinations NUMBER the maximum number of simulator destinations to test on concurrently
-parallel-testing-enabled YES|NO overrides the per-target setting in the scheme
-parallel-testing-worker-count NUMBER the exact number of test runners that will be spawned during parallel testing
-maximum-parallel-testing-workers NUMBER the maximum number of test runners that will be spawned during parallel testing
-dry-run do everything except actually running the commands
-quiet do not print any output except for warnings and errors
-hideShellScriptEnvironment don’t show shell script environment variables in build log
-showsdks display a compact list of the installed SDKs
-showdestinations display a list of destinations
-showBuildSettings display a list of build settings and values
-list lists the targets and configurations in a project, or the schemes in a workspace
-find-executable NAME display the full path to executable NAME in the provided SDK and toolchain
-find-library NAME display the full path to library NAME in the provided SDK and toolchain
-version display the version of Xcode; with -sdk will display info about one or all installed SDKs
-enableAddressSanitizer YES|NO turn the address sanitizer on or off
-enableThreadSanitizer YES|NO turn the thread sanitizer on or off
-enableUndefinedBehaviorSanitizer YES|NO turn the undefined behavior sanitizer on or off
-resultBundlePath PATH specifies the directory where a result bundle describing what occurred will be placed
-clonedSourcePackagesDirPath PATH specifies the directory to which remote source packages are fetch or expected to be found
-derivedDataPath PATH specifies the directory where build products and other derived data will go
-archivePath PATH specifies the directory where any created archives will be placed, or the archive that should be exported
-exportArchive specifies that an archive should be exported
-exportNotarizedApp export an archive that has been notarized by Apple
-exportOptionsPlist PATH specifies a path to a plist file that configures archive exporting
-enableCodeCoverage YES|NO turn code coverage on or off when testing
-exportPath PATH specifies the destination for the product exported from an archive
-skipUnavailableActions specifies that scheme actions that cannot be performed should be skipped instead of causing a failure
-exportLocalizations exports completed and outstanding project localizations
-importLocalizations imports localizations for a project, assuming any necessary localized resources have been created in Xcode
-localizationPath specifies a path to XLIFF localization files
-exportLanguage specifies multiple optional ISO 639-1 languages included in a localization export
-xctestrun specifies a path to a test run specification
-only-testing:TEST-IDENTIFIER constrains testing by specifying tests to include, and excluding other tests
-skip-testing:TEST-IDENTIFIER constrains testing by specifying tests to exclude, but including other tests
-testLanguage constrains testing by specifying ISO 639-1 language in which to run the tests
-testRegion constrains testing by specifying ISO 3166-1 region in which to run the tests
-resolvePackageDependencies resolves any package dependencies referenced by the project or workspace
-json output as JSON (note: -json implies -quiet)
-allowProvisioningUpdates Allow xcodebuild to communicate with the Apple Developer website. For automatically signed targets, xcodebuild will create and update profiles, app IDs, and certificates. For manually signed targets, xcodebuild will download missing or updated provisioning profiles. Requires a developer account to have been added in Xcode’s Accounts preference pane.
-allowProvisioningDeviceRegistration Allow xcodebuild to register your destination device on the developer portal if necessary. This flag only takes effect if -allowProvisioningUpdates is also passed.
-showBuildTimingSummary display a report of the timings of all the commands invoked during the build

Any other help, i see only simulators and they are not working. Please give your guide because i need to complete this until end of month.
Thank you