iOS and Android setup on MacOS - Build Failed when trying to set up WebDriverAgent project

If it won’t run on your simulator, either, that seems like it’s still a signing issue. There are a couple of things to try per the xcuitestdriver github README: https://github.com/appium/appium-xcuitest-driver

First make sure you have these dependencies installed:

brew install libimobiledevice --HEAD
npm install -g ios-deploy

You may also be running into security issues with Accessibility:

https://github.com/appium/appium-xcuitest-driver#real-device-security-settings

I tried to mobile recorder on simulator.It threw me an error

Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 2.44.40 PM.png

Let’s see if the WebDriverAgent project is even building correctly and installing on the simulator…

Can you go to your Terminal window and find the directory for the WebDriverAgent Xcode project?

Once there, try running this command to build and install the WebDriverAgentRunner:

xcodebuild -project WebDriverAgent.xcodeproj -scheme WebDriverAgentRunner -destination 'id=UDID' test USE_PORT=8100

Where you should put in the UDID of one of your simulators in the place of UDID in the above command.

If successful, you should see something like:

Test Case '-[UITestingUITests testRunner]' started.
        t =     0.00s     Start Test at 2017-01-23 15:49:12.588
        t =     0.00s     Set Up

And you should see an icon for WebDriverAgentRunner on your simulator.

In another Terminal window, try to connect to the running WebDriverAgent:

export DEVICE_URL='http://127.0.0.1:8100'
export JSON_HEADER="-H 'Content-Type: application/json;charset=UTF-8, accept: application/json'"
curl -X GET "${JSON_HEADER}" $DEVICE_URL/status

If successful, you should see something like this:

{
  "value" : {
    "state" : "success",
    "os" : {
      "name" : "iOS",
      "version" : "11.4",
      "sdkVersion" : "11.3"
    },
    "ios" : {
      "simulatorVersion" : "11.4",
      "ip" : "127.0.0.1"
    },
    "build" : {
      "time" : "Aug 27 2018 15:37:54"
    }
  },
  "sessionId" : "FE8F9616-AD20-4CC2-8DC0-8C100F66A110",
  "status" : 0
}

Let’s try this and see if you have success connecting to the WebDriverAgent on a simulator.

- Chris

Where can I find “http://127.0.0.1” in my case for a simulator?

127.0.0.1 is almost always your machine’s local/internal IP address, so it should work for simulators.

You can also try holding OPTION and clicking the wifi/network setting in your Mac’s toolbar and it will give you your machine’s external IP address, which should also work.

Hi Chris,

I have tried all the solutions you gave, but I am still getting the error when trying to build the WebDriverAgentLib as well as WebDriverAgentRunner, can you please help me in this.
Below is the error I see when I tried the command in the terminal
xcodebuild -project WebDriverAgent.xcodeproj -scheme WebDriverAgentRunner -destination ‘id=00008020-0014556E1468002E’ test USE_PORT=8100
uild settings from command line:

USE_PORT = 8100

note: Using new build system

note: Planning build

note: Using build description from disk

Build system information

error: Signing for “WebDriverAgentRunner” requires a development team. Select a development team in the project editor. (in target ‘WebDriverAgentRunner’)

2019-04-25 15:27:59.547 xcodebuild[30196:8900358] DVTAssertions: Warning in /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IDEFrameworks/IDEFrameworks-14490.120/IDEFoundation/Logging/ActivityLog/IDEActivityLogSectionRecorder.m:1050

Details: log recorder was sent -stopRecordingWithInfo:completionBlock: after it had already been asked to stop recording.

Object: <IDEActivityLogSectionRecorder: 0x7fc68a413c80>

Method: -stopRecordingWithInfo:completionBlock:

Thread: <NSThread: 0x7fc6876733e0>{number = 4, name = (null)}

Please file a bug at https://bugreport.apple.com with this warning message and any useful information you can provide.

Testing failed:

Signing for “WebDriverAgentRunner” requires a development team. Select a development team in the project editor. (in target ‘WebDriverAgentRunner’)

Testing cancelled because the build failed.

Test session results and logs:

/Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Logs/Test/Test-WebDriverAgentRunner-2019.04.25_15-27-59–0700.xcresult

**** TEST FAILED ****

Hi @savita.patil22,

From the log, it looks like Xcode is still not happy with the signing of the WebDriverAgentRunner. If you refer to these docs:

https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/tutorials/set_up_mobile_automation_project_macos.html#setup-prerequisites

there is a part labeled " * Select WebDriverAgentLib , and in the Signing section, check Automatically manage signing and select a team." that I think would be helpful to get rid of your error.

I also have some text instructions here that describe what to do, but no screenshots:

Hope this helps,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Below is the screenshot and I have checked Automatically manage signing and select a team." I am not sure what else I am doing wrong can you please help

hi Chris,
Below is the error I see when I try to build the WebDriverAgentRunner, please help me with this I am new to Katalon and I am stuck and not able to proceed.

Hi @savita.patil22,

You might see this when the supporting libraries haven’t been installed. Can you please confirm if you ran the following in the WebDriverAgent directory, and that it was successful:

sh ./Scripts/bootstrap.sh -d

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

When I do ls -l Carthage, I see the below output, so I believe it’s a directory
total 8
drwxr-xr-x 6 savita.patil GPC\Domain Users 192 Apr 25 11:47 Build
-rw-r–r-- 1 savita.patil GPC\Domain Users 80 Apr 25 11:47 Cartfile.resolved
drwxr-xr-x 4 savita.patil GPC\Domain Users 128 Apr 25 11:47 Checkouts

But I still did the command you said I see the below output
ls -l Carthage

/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent

Administrators-MacBook-Pro-4:WebDriverAgent savita.patil$ ./Scripts/bootstrap.sh -d

**Fetching dependencies

I remember when I did that for the first time when I was setting up, it did fetch all the dependencies

Hi @savita.patil22,

Could you please tell me what version of Appium and Xcode you’re using?

Thanks,

Chris

Appium Version is 1.8.1
Xcode Version 10.2.1 (10E1001)

I tried doing a clean build folder and then I tried to build the WebDriverAgentLib and see the below error, but I did not get what this mean WebDriverAgentLib/FBDebugLogDelegateDecorator.h’ file not found which file is this, can you please help.

Analyze /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent/WebDriverAgentRunner/UITestingUITests.m normal arm64 (in target: WebDriverAgentLib)
    cd /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent
    export LANG=en_US.US-ASCII
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -x objective-c -arch arm64 -fmessage-length=0 -fdiagnostics-show-note-include-stack -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 -std=gnu99 -fobjc-arc -fmodules -gmodules -fmodules-cache-path=/Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ModuleCache.noindex -fmodules-prune-interval=86400 -fmodules-prune-after=345600 -fbuild-session-file=/Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ModuleCache.noindex/Session.modulevalidation -fmodules-validate-once-per-build-session -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -O0 -fno-common -Werror -Wmissing-field-initializers -Wno-missing-prototypes -Werror=return-type -Wunreachable-code -Wno-implicit-atomic-properties -Werror=deprecated-objc-isa-usage -Wno-objc-interface-ivars -Werror=objc-root-class -Warc-repeated-use-of-weak -Wno-arc-maybe-repeated-use-of-weak -Wimplicit-retain-self -Wduplicate-method-match -Wno-missing-braces -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wunused-function -Wno-unused-label -Wunused-parameter -Wunused-variable -Wunused-value -Wempty-body -Wuninitialized -Wconditional-uninitialized -Wno-unknown-pragmas -pedantic -Wshadow -Wno-four-char-constants -Wconversion -Wconstant-conversion -Wint-conversion -Wbool-conversion -Wenum-conversion -Wfloat-conversion -Wnon-literal-null-conversion -Wobjc-literal-conversion -Wassign-enum -Wsign-compare -Wshorten-64-to-32 -Wpointer-sign -Wno-newline-eof -Wno-selector -Wno-strict-selector-match -Wundeclared-selector -Wno-deprecated-implementations -DDEBUG=1 -DOBJC_OLD_DISPATCH_PROTOTYPES=0 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS12.2.sdk -fstrict-aliasing -Wprotocol -Wdeprecated-declarations -miphoneos-version-min=9.3 -g -Wno-sign-conversion -Winfinite-recursion -Wcomma -Wblock-capture-autoreleasing -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-semicolon-before-method-body -D__clang_analyzer__ -Xclang -analyzer-output=plist-multi-file -Xclang -analyzer-config -Xclang path-diagnostics-alternate=true -Xclang -analyzer-config -Xclang report-in-main-source-file=true -Xclang -analyzer-checker -Xclang optin.osx.cocoa.localizability.NonLocalizedStringChecker -Xclang -analyzer-checker -Xclang security.insecureAPI.UncheckedReturn -Xclang -analyzer-checker -Xclang security.insecureAPI.getpw -Xclang -analyzer-checker -Xclang security.insecureAPI.gets -Xclang -analyzer-checker -Xclang security.insecureAPI.mkstemp -Xclang -analyzer-checker -Xclang security.insecureAPI.mktemp -Xclang -analyzer-disable-checker -Xclang security.insecureAPI.rand -Xclang -analyzer-disable-checker -Xclang security.insecureAPI.strcpy -Xclang -analyzer-checker -Xclang security.insecureAPI.vfork -iquote /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Intermediates.noindex/WebDriverAgent.build/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.build/WebDriverAgentLib-generated-files.hmap -I/Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Intermediates.noindex/WebDriverAgent.build/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.build/WebDriverAgentLib-own-target-headers.hmap -I/Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Intermediates.noindex/WebDriverAgent.build/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.build/WebDriverAgentLib-all-target-headers.hmap -iquote /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Intermediates.noindex/WebDriverAgent.build/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.build/WebDriverAgentLib-project-headers.hmap -I/Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/include -I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS12.2.sdk/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent/Modules -I/Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Intermediates.noindex/WebDriverAgent.build/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.build/DerivedSources-normal/arm64 -I/Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Intermediates.noindex/WebDriverAgent.build/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.build/DerivedSources/arm64 -I/Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Intermediates.noindex/WebDriverAgent.build/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.build/DerivedSources -Weverything -Wno-objc-missing-property-synthesis -Wno-unused-macros -Wno-disabled-macro-expansion -Wno-gnu-statement-expression -Wno-language-extension-token -Wno-overriding-method-mismatch -Wno-missing-variable-declarations -Rno-module-build -Wno-auto-import -Wno-objc-interface-ivars -Wno-documentation-unknown-command -Wno-reserved-id-macro -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-gnu-conditional-omitted-operand -Wno-explicit-ownership-type -Wno-date-time -Wno-cast-align -Wno-cstring-format-directive -Wno-double-promotion -Wno-partial-availability -F/Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos -F/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent/Carthage/Build/iOS -iframework /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/Library/Frameworks -MMD -MT dependencies -MF /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Intermediates.noindex/WebDriverAgent.build/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.build/StaticAnalyzer/WebDriverAgent/WebDriverAgentLib/normal/arm64/UITestingUITests.d --analyze /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent/WebDriverAgentRunner/UITestingUITests.m -o /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Intermediates.noindex/WebDriverAgent.build/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.build/StaticAnalyzer/WebDriverAgent/WebDriverAgentLib/normal/arm64/UITestingUITests.plist

/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent/WebDriverAgentRunner/UITestingUITests.m:12:9: fatal error: 'WebDriverAgentLib/FBDebugLogDelegateDecorator.h' file not found
#import <WebDriverAgentLib/FBDebugLogDelegateDecorator.h>
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
Command Analyze failed with a nonzero exit code

and when I checked the file UITestingUITests.m the import was already present

Hi @savita.patil22,

I think I see the issue. I get the same error when building the WebDriverAgent that comes with Appium 1.8.1 and Xcode 10.2.1. Upgrading to appium 1.8.2-beta:

npm install -g appium@1.8.2-beta

will allow you to build the WebDriverAgent project (you’ll need to go through all the steps again for setting up the signing and running the bootstrap script, though).

As an additional step, if you want to try Katalon Studio 6.2 beta, you can actually upgrade to Appium 1.12.1 (the latest). I’ve had some success running Katalon 6.2 beta, Xcode 10.2.1, iOS 12.2, and Appium 1.12.1.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Hi Chris,
That helped me in building the WebDriverAgent Project, but however when I run the below command, I see the below error and it says test Failed, I am connecting a real IOS phone and when I tried building the WebDriverAgentRunner I see this error status in the General table, can you please help me is this something to do with the Provisioning profile.

$ xcodebuild -project WebDriverAgent.xcodeproj -scheme WebDriverAgentRunner -destination ‘id=00008020-0014556E1468002E’ test USE_PORT=8100
Build settings from command line:
USE_PORT = 8100

xcodebuild: error: Unable to find a destination matching the provided destination specifier:
{ id:00008020-0014556E1468002E }

The requested device could not be found because no available devices matched the request.

Available destinations for the "WebDriverAgentRunner" scheme:
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:016C90BD-7978-489B-90B9-08271C8885C7, OS:12.2, name:iPad (5th generation) }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:F45BAB6F-C37A-41D8-866F-D9BA68E8220D, OS:12.2, name:iPad (6th generation) }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:63431D7F-13DE-4867-9360-1D98E768A532, OS:12.2, name:iPad Air }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:D69E66CB-29B8-4259-838C-26B1C3A96744, OS:12.2, name:iPad Air (3rd generation) }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:5685EF5B-C367-4437-BFBF-0C726A2B09D7, OS:12.2, name:iPad Air 2 }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:0A86E9B2-8C04-46D4-BD0F-A2C08DCA9428, OS:12.2, name:iPad Pro (9.7-inch) }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:5F181AD2-BFCB-4284-91D6-E8DBACBD0B5C, OS:12.2, name:iPad Pro (10.5-inch) }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:B23B12A3-D93B-4933-9FC0-8364C144A666, OS:12.2, name:iPad Pro (11-inch) }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:BB42C19F-4A47-43AB-9269-C4E90CF2B054, OS:12.2, name:iPad Pro (12.9-inch) }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:8F747E5F-6D0C-4C31-8E69-453153630BD7, OS:12.2, name:iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation) }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:9C4C30C5-F74A-4ECF-BECF-B9D7001DB9CD, OS:12.2, name:iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:1F3576BE-3984-4AFD-98D9-6AE7363A6693, OS:12.2, name:iPhone 5s }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:6C0193DA-0977-4D9B-B8F8-6E8CBF4C4514, OS:12.2, name:iPhone 6 }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:C45D888F-4B24-4242-BFD9-1585F35184E7, OS:12.2, name:iPhone 6 Plus }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:793555C8-FF7E-4A3A-9138-21629EA8BAA7, OS:12.2, name:iPhone 6s }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:ED3E2817-D7E9-46C6-9FC1-F90D5CE252D9, OS:12.2, name:iPhone 6s Plus }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:EC526613-47E5-474C-A5B0-92F28A771326, OS:12.2, name:iPhone 7 }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:9BBCE6BE-DB0D-482A-BCD1-838E9DB27AD1, OS:12.2, name:iPhone 7 Plus }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:982D41C1-40DC-4EBE-8245-872C470C29D1, OS:12.2, name:iPhone 8 }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:E6F65B4E-993F-46AB-B1F0-E9F4D8119B66, OS:12.2, name:iPhone 8 Plus }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:72A5F3FD-E107-490C-ACEE-87DFD582C368, OS:12.2, name:iPhone SE }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:43F74A68-769A-40C9-957F-FD0EE9F74868, OS:12.2, name:iPhone X }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:B304B573-7F3E-480C-AE7C-8E39AE2554A5, OS:12.2, name:iPhone Xs }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:F0D4868A-D3AB-43FC-A302-C49673B73A7C, OS:12.2, name:iPhone Xs Max }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:FEC12EB7-F1C8-47E0-9D4B-E8A47D5FF1A6, OS:12.2, name:iPhone Xʀ }

Ineligible destinations for the "WebDriverAgentRunner" scheme:
	{ platform:iOS, id:dvtdevice-DVTiPhonePlaceholder-iphoneos:placeholder, name:Generic iOS Device }
	{ platform:iOS Simulator, id:dvtdevice-DVTiOSDeviceSimulatorPlaceholder-iphonesimulator:placeholder, name:Generic iOS Simulator Device }

Administrators-MacBook-Pro-4:WebDriverAgent savita.patil$ xcodebuild -project WebDriverAgent.xcodeproj -scheme WebDriverAgentRunner -destination ‘id=00008020-0014556E1468002E’ test USE_PORT=8100
USE_PORT = 8100

note: Constructing build description
Build system information
error: No profiles for ‘updatedWDABundleId’ were found: Xcode couldn’t find any iOS App Development provisioning profiles matching ‘updatedWDABundleId’. Automatic signing is disabled and unable to generate a profile. To enable automatic signing, pass -allowProvisioningUpdates to xcodebuild. (in target ‘WebDriverAgentRunner’)

2019-05-01 11:26:21.632 xcodebuild[41037:9803305] DVTAssertions: Warning in /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IDEFrameworks/IDEFrameworks-14490.122/IDEFoundation/Logging/ActivityLog/IDEActivityLogSectionRecorder.m:1050
Details: log recorder was sent -stopRecordingWithInfo:completionBlock: after it had already been asked to stop recording.
Object: <IDEActivityLogSectionRecorder: 0x7fea7db873e0>
Method: -stopRecordingWithInfo:completionBlock:
Thread: <NSThread: 0x7fea7d5d8e30>{number = 7, name = (null)}
Please file a bug at https://bugreport.apple.com with this warning message and any useful information you can provide.

Testing failed:
No profiles for ‘updatedWDABundleId’ were found: Xcode couldn’t find any iOS App Development provisioning profiles matching ‘updatedWDABundleId’. Automatic signing is disabled and unable to generate a profile. To enable automatic signing, pass -allowProvisioningUpdates to xcodebuild. (in target ‘WebDriverAgentRunner’)
Testing cancelled because the build failed.

/Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Logs/Test/Test-WebDriverAgentRunner-2019.05.01_11-26-18–0700.xcresult

** TEST FAILED **

Hi @savita.patil22,

Yes, that error is most likely due to signing. You’ll probably need to change the bundle identifier for your the WebDriverAgentRunner:

The default bundle identifier will probably give you a signing error, so we need to change it to match our wildcard provisioning profile. At the top of the second pane, make sure that the “Build Settings” tab is selected.

Find “Product Bundle Identifier” in the list (there is a search box to make this easier).

Change the value of the Product Bundle Identifier to something like com.ourcompany.WebDriverAgentRunner

Switch to the “General” tab.

In the Signing section, make sure “Automatically manage signing” is checked.

From the Team drop-down, select your company or the Personal Team.

You should see the Signing Certificate populated with your iPhone Developer certificate.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Hi Chris,
I was able to build the WebDriverAgentLib and WebDriverAgentRunner thanks for helping in that.
But however when I run the command
$ xcodebuild -project WebDriverAgent.xcodeproj -scheme WebDriverAgentRunner -destination ‘id=00008020-0014556E1468002E’ test USE_PORT=8100
USE_PORT = 8100

I see **** TEST FAILED **** below is the output of the above command, please need your help in this
note: Constructing build description
WriteAuxiliaryFile /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Intermediates.noindex/WebDriverAgent.build/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.build/WebDriverAgentLib-all-non-framework-target-headers.hmap (in target: WebDriverAgentLib)
cd /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent
write-file /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Intermediates.noindex/WebDriverAgent.build/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.build/WebDriverAgentLib-all-non-framework-target-headers.hmap

ProcessInfoPlistFile /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.framework/Info.plist /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent/WebDriverAgentLib/Info.plist (in target: WebDriverAgentLib)
builtin-infoPlistUtility /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent/WebDriverAgentLib/Info.plist -producttype com.apple.product-type.framework -expandbuildsettings -format binary -platform iphoneos -requiredArchitecture arm64 -o /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.framework/Info.plist

CodeSign /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.framework (in target: WebDriverAgentLib)
export CODESIGN_ALLOCATE=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/codesign_allocate

Signing Identity: “iPhone Developer: savita.patil@zodiac.com (YW548MXV43)”

/usr/bin/codesign --force --sign 4F4C9DCFAC8D6916314C0849B2338431E99CFBBE --timestamp=none /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.framework

/Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.framework: replacing existing signature

ProcessProductPackaging “” /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Intermediates.noindex/WebDriverAgent.build/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner.build/WebDriverAgentRunner.xctest.xcent (in target: WebDriverAgentRunner)

Entitlements:

{
“application-identifier” = “WA94JNJ4HX.com.zodiac.WebDriverAgentRunner”;
“com.apple.developer.team-identifier” = WA94JNJ4HX;
“get-task-allow” = 1;
“keychain-access-groups” = (
“WA94JNJ4HX.com.zodiac.WebDriverAgentRunner”
);
}

builtin-productPackagingUtility -entitlements -format xml -o /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Intermediates.noindex/WebDriverAgent.build/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner.build/WebDriverAgentRunner.xctest.xcent

WriteAuxiliaryFile /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Intermediates.noindex/WebDriverAgent.build/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner.build/WebDriverAgentRunner-all-non-framework-target-headers.hmap (in target: WebDriverAgentRunner)
write-file /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Intermediates.noindex/WebDriverAgent.build/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner.build/WebDriverAgentRunner-all-non-framework-target-headers.hmap

ProcessInfoPlistFile /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app/PlugIns/WebDriverAgentRunner.xctest/Info.plist /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent/WebDriverAgentRunner/Info.plist (in target: WebDriverAgentRunner)
builtin-infoPlistUtility /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent/WebDriverAgentRunner/Info.plist -producttype com.apple.product-type.bundle.ui-testing -expandbuildsettings -format binary -platform iphoneos -additionalcontentfile /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Intermediates.noindex/WebDriverAgent.build/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner.build/ProductTypeInfoPlistAdditions.plist -requiredArchitecture arm64 -o /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app/PlugIns/WebDriverAgentRunner.xctest/Info.plist

GenerateDSYMFile /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app/PlugIns/WebDriverAgentRunner.xctest.dSYM /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app/PlugIns/WebDriverAgentRunner.xctest/WebDriverAgentRunner (in target: WebDriverAgentRunner)
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/dsymutil /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app/PlugIns/WebDriverAgentRunner.xctest/WebDriverAgentRunner -o /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app/PlugIns/WebDriverAgentRunner.xctest.dSYM

PBXCp /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.framework /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app/PlugIns/WebDriverAgentRunner.xctest/Frameworks/WebDriverAgentLib.framework (in target: WebDriverAgentRunner)
builtin-copy -exclude .DS_Store -exclude CVS -exclude .svn -exclude .git -exclude .hg -exclude Headers -exclude PrivateHeaders -exclude Modules -exclude *.tbd -bitcode-strip all -bitcode-strip-tool /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/bitcode_strip -resolve-src-symlinks /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.framework /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app/PlugIns/WebDriverAgentRunner.xctest/Frameworks
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/bitcode_strip /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.framework/Frameworks/YYCache.framework/YYCache -r -o /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app/PlugIns/WebDriverAgentRunner.xctest/Frameworks/WebDriverAgentLib.framework/Frameworks/YYCache.framework/YYCache
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/bitcode_strip /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.framework/Frameworks/CocoaAsyncSocket.framework/CocoaAsyncSocket -r -o /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app/PlugIns/WebDriverAgentRunner.xctest/Frameworks/WebDriverAgentLib.framework/Frameworks/CocoaAsyncSocket.framework/CocoaAsyncSocket
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/bitcode_strip /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.framework/Frameworks/RoutingHTTPServer.framework/RoutingHTTPServer -r -o /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app/PlugIns/WebDriverAgentRunner.xctest/Frameworks/WebDriverAgentLib.framework/Frameworks/RoutingHTTPServer.framework/RoutingHTTPServer
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/bitcode_strip /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.framework/WebDriverAgentLib -r -o /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app/PlugIns/WebDriverAgentRunner.xctest/Frameworks/WebDriverAgentLib.framework/WebDriverAgentLib

CodeSign /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app/PlugIns/WebDriverAgentRunner.xctest/Frameworks/WebDriverAgentLib.framework (in target: WebDriverAgentRunner)
export CODESIGN_ALLOCATE=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/codesign_allocate

Provisioning Profile: “iOS Team Provisioning Profile: com.zodiac.WebDriverAgentRunner”
(5758deba-94e4-4295-97e8-92c7b8b990f4)

/usr/bin/codesign --force --sign 4F4C9DCFAC8D6916314C0849B2338431E99CFBBE --timestamp=none --preserve-metadata=identifier,entitlements,flags /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app/PlugIns/WebDriverAgentRunner.xctest/Frameworks/WebDriverAgentLib.framework

/Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app/PlugIns/WebDriverAgentRunner.xctest/Frameworks/WebDriverAgentLib.framework: replacing existing signature

CodeSign /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app/PlugIns/WebDriverAgentRunner.xctest (in target: WebDriverAgentRunner)

Provisioning Profile: “iOS Team Provisioning Profile: com.zodiac.WebDriverAgentRunner”

/usr/bin/codesign --force --sign 4F4C9DCFAC8D6916314C0849B2338431E99CFBBE --entitlements /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Intermediates.noindex/WebDriverAgent.build/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner.build/WebDriverAgentRunner.xctest.xcent --timestamp=none /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app/PlugIns/WebDriverAgentRunner.xctest

/Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app/PlugIns/WebDriverAgentRunner.xctest: replacing existing signature

CodeSign /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app (in target: WebDriverAgentRunner)

/usr/bin/codesign --force --sign 4F4C9DCFAC8D6916314C0849B2338431E99CFBBE --entitlements /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Intermediates.noindex/WebDriverAgent.build/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner.build/WebDriverAgentRunner.xctest.xcent --timestamp=none /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app

/Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app: replacing existing signature

Testing started on ‘Systems Test Phone1’
2019-05-02 10:53:43.725 xcodebuild[44671:10103523] IDETestOperationsObserverDebug: Writing diagnostic log for test session to:
/Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Logs/Test/Test-WebDriverAgentRunner-2019.05.02_10-53-38–0700.xcresult/1_Test/Diagnostics/WebDriverAgentRunner-2E2563D9-5345-4BC7-9734-6B0E59469772/WebDriverAgentRunner-C9BF17A4-EF5E-4F36-8845-1B6559D19EF7/Session-WebDriverAgentRunner-2019-05-02_105343-eK8Qob.log
2019-05-02 10:53:43.726 xcodebuild[44671:10103305] [MT] IDETestOperationsObserverDebug: (55D106B8-87E1-4F43-A719-D7922574F644) Beginning test session WebDriverAgentRunner-55D106B8-87E1-4F43-A719-D7922574F644 at 2019-05-02 10:53:43.726 with Xcode 10E1001 on target :iphone:<DVTiOSDevice (0x7fd8c73e3090), Systems Test Phone1, iPhone, 12.1.4 (16D57), 00008020-0014556E1468002E> {
deviceSerialNumber: FFMXFGBZKPHJ
identifier: 00008020-0014556E1468002E
deviceClass: iPhone
deviceName: Systems Test Phone1
deviceIdentifier: 00008020-0014556E1468002E
productVersion: 12.1.4
buildVersion: 16D57
deviceSoftwareVersion: 12.1.4 (16D57)
deviceArchitecture: arm64e
deviceTotalCapacity: 251433312256
deviceAvailableCapacity: 239929053184
deviceIsTransient: NO
ignored: NO
deviceIsBusy: NO
deviceIsPaired: YES
deviceIsActivated: YES
deviceActivationState: Activated
isPasscodeLocked: NO
deviceType: <DVTDeviceType:0x7fd8c6f24350 Xcode.DeviceType.iPhone>
supportedDeviceFamilies: (
)
applications: (null)
provisioningProfiles: (null)
hasInternalSupport: NO
isSupportedOS: YES
developerDiskMountError: (null)
(null)
bootArgs: (null)
nextBootArgs: (null)
connected: yes
isWirelessEnabled: no
connectionType: direct
hostname: (null)
bonjourServiceName: f8:38:80:b0:c9:56@fe80::fa38:80ff:feb0:c956._apple-mobdev2._tcp.local.
} (12.1.4 (16D57))
2019-05-02 10:53:43.891 xcodebuild[44671:10103305] [MT] IDETestOperationsObserverDebug: (55D106B8-87E1-4F43-A719-D7922574F644) Finished requesting crash reports. Continuing with testing.
MDMCreateDeltaDirectory:1920 calling MDMDirectoryDiff with:
state->old_bundle: /var/folders/9t/gbx69zyn5yddsgv5n5jm9b4s79xgms/C/com.apple.DeveloperTools/All/Xcode/EmbeddedAppDeltas/f2b916bd2a8ceb8f6ff8c1489abdc4ad/00008020-0014556E1468002E/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app
state->new_bundle: /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app
state->dst_bundle: /var/folders/9t/gbx69zyn5yddsgv5n5jm9b4s79xgms/C/com.apple.DeveloperTools/All/Xcode/EmbeddedAppDeltas/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app.GC0yUO/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app_sparse.ipa/Payload//WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app, binaryDiff flag: FALSE
dst_ipa: /var/folders/9t/gbx69zyn5yddsgv5n5jm9b4s79xgms/C/com.apple.DeveloperTools/All/Xcode/EmbeddedAppDeltas/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app.GC0yUO/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app_sparse.ipa
MDMDirectoryDiff_block_invoke:1473 calling writeDictToFile with: /var/folders/9t/gbx69zyn5yddsgv5n5jm9b4s79xgms/C/com.apple.DeveloperTools/All/Xcode/EmbeddedAppDeltas/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app.GC0yUO/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app_sparse.ipa/ManifestCache.plist
writeDictToFile:1278 ==== Successfully wrote Manifest cache to /var/folders/9t/gbx69zyn5yddsgv5n5jm9b4s79xgms/C/com.apple.DeveloperTools/All/Xcode/EmbeddedAppDeltas/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app.GC0yUO/WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app_sparse.ipa/ManifestCache.plist

*** If you believe this error represents a bug, please attach the result bundle at /Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Logs/Test/Test-WebDriverAgentRunner-2019.05.02_10-53-38–0700.xcresult

2019-05-02 10:53:48.521 xcodebuild[44671:10103305] [MT] IDETestOperationsObserverDebug: 4.805 elapsed – Testing started completed.
2019-05-02 10:53:48.521 xcodebuild[44671:10103305] [MT] IDETestOperationsObserverDebug: 0.000 sec, +0.000 sec – start
2019-05-02 10:53:48.521 xcodebuild[44671:10103305] [MT] IDETestOperationsObserverDebug: 4.805 sec, +4.805 sec – end
2019-05-02 10:53:48.521 xcodebuild[44671:10103305] Error Domain=com.apple.platform.iphoneos Code=-12 “Unable to launch com.apple.test.WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Unable to launch com.apple.test.WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fd8c762ec20 {Error Domain=DTXMessage Code=1 “(null)” UserInfo={DTXExceptionKey=The operation couldn’t be completed. Unable to launch com.apple.test.WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner because it has an invalid code signature, inadequate entitlements or its profile has not been explicitly trusted by the user. : Failed to launch process with bundle identifier ‘com.apple.test.WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner’}}}

Testing failed:
WebDriverAgentRunner:
WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner.app encountered an error (Failed to install or launch the test runner. (Underlying error: Unable to launch com.apple.test.WebDriverAgentRunner-Runner. (Underlying error: The operation couldn’t be completed. (DTXMessage error 1.))))

/Users/savita.patil/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-brdadhpuduowllgivnnvuygpwhzy/Logs/Test/Test-WebDriverAgentRunner-2019.05.02_10-53-38–0700.xcresult

** TEST FAILED **

Hi @Chris_Trevarthen ,
I need your help for Xcode setup.

I am facing this issue in MacOS Big sur 11.6.4
Xcode 12.5 , and iPhone 15.3.1
Can please look into this and guide me at the earliest. I really need to get this fixed.
Thanks in advance.