Categories offer a neatly-organized feed page and topic groups for forum users, yet they are inflexible, generic, and restricted. Meanwhile, the tag system can be applied as a nimble and efficient tool to search, group, and identify your topics within a few clicks.
Here are 3 reasons why Tag system is your searching best bet:
- Flexible: You can create, apply and change tags - while you can not do the same thing to the defined categories.
- Specific: You can assign multiple tags to the same topic, even across categories - this helps your topic to be specific and lessen the gap time to meet the solutions.
- Transparent: You can view a list of all tags, and filter searching topics by tag.
- Step 1: Access the Tags option and direct to the Tags page
- Step 2: Click the tag name reflecting your searching topics
- Step 3: Scroll down to find similar topics with your concerns
Here is a quick guide for searching through tags:
Before creating a novel tag, make sure that your topic is within newly-generated content that has not been included in any appeared tags.
This text will be hidden
<> Miscellaneous: Refer to Tags page for a thorough check, sometimes your wanted tag has already been on-shelf!
Your tag should be short, distinctive, and on-topic. You should pay a visit to the Tags page for reference on how to name a relevant tag to your topics.
You can make quick editing on your already-applied tags by clicking the editing button of the topic title:
Related topic: [Forum Revamp 2] Progress update Apr 15, 2022