Installing WebDriverAgent for iOS devices

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/installing-webdriveragent-for-ios-devices.html

Hi
I am not getting Listening to USB. I completely followed the instructions…

I’m receiving build failed everytime even though I followed the steps

@Rob2

Please share the build error.

Build error ->
Signing for “IntegrationApp” requires a development team. Select a development team in the Signing & Capabilities editor.

I have followed all the steps and added a development team but keep getting the error

I’m trying to setup all the installation Appium on macOs Catalina to test iOs application.
I followed all the steps, but at the end it is impossible to build the WebDriverAgentRunner and the IntegrationApp.

My setup is :

• Appium 1.17.1 (classic and Desktop)
  • Carthage 0.34.0
  • Appium doctor v.1.15.3
  • XCode 11.5

The build of WebDriverAgentLib works well.

But the build of WebDriverAgentRunner and the IntegrationApp failed with the error “/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-webdriveragent/WebDriverAgentTests/IntegrationApp/Resources/Base.lproj/Main.storyboard:1:1: Compilation Failed.”

Log :
log-appium-webdriver.log (7.0 KB)

Do you have any idea ?

After quite the feud with darn near everything, I finally made it all the way to the building step, but now that fails for the sake of the errors above. ^ Anyone know what that is or what I need to do about it to get the build to work?

@joshw

Please run these commands and make sure the commandline returns the success result:

cd /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-webdriveragent
mkdir -p Resources/WebDriverAgent.bundle
sh ./Scripts/bootstrap.sh -d

appium-webdriveragent_—-bash—_80×24_and_GitHub_Desktop

Looks good, as far as I can tell, @duyluong.

@joshw

These above steps are fine.
Now you can build the WebDriverAgent again:

• Build IntegrationApp
  • Build WebDriverAgentLib
  • Build WebDriverAgentRunner

@duyluong, building the IntegrationApp works, with some warnings, but I get the same errors as before when trying to build the WebDriverAgentLib and WebDriverAgentRunner.

Also, another question, because I’m very much a newb at this. Are these webDriverAgent builds necessary for running Katalon with my iOS simulators, or is it only important for running Katalon tests on a connected, physical device? I was a little unclear on that when going through the setup steps.

Thanks so much for the help!