IE driver timeout Windows 10 (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Timed out waiting

I just tried to run my test suite in IE and edge but I keep getting error “Unable to open browser with url: ‘’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Timed out waiting for driver server to start.”

I am running windows 10 64bit (Build 14393) and Katalon 5.4.1 64bit.

When I run “c:\yourinstalldir\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.4.1\configuration\resources\drivers\edgedriver\MicrosoftWebDriver.exe” from a command prompt. I get the following output
"This version of MicrosoftWebDriver.exe is not compatible with the installed version of Windows 10.

For more information, visit Microsoft Edge WebDriver - Microsoft Edge Developer"

Turns out I had to download the correct build of MicrosoftWebDriver.exe to match my windows build 14393 from the site Microsoft Edge WebDriver - Microsoft Edge Developer

Hope this helps anyone else in my situation.

4 Likes

I’m getting the same error in Win7 on IE, Firefox and Chrome. All had been working fine, then I had to put this aside and now I can’t run any of the tests previously created. Any help would be greatly appreciated.