I can't run my tests anymore: "java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "4 eclipse.p2.data.area=@config.dir/../p2""

Hi there,

i try to run my test suites from a docker container with jenkins on a Debian 8 (Jessie) OS, but everytime i start it i get an error message.

At first it was:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.update.configurator
!MESSAGE Could not install bundle plugins/org.codehaus.groovy.eclipse.codeassist.completion_2.9.2.xx-201611170128-e46.jar A bundle is already installed with the name “org.codehaus.groovy.eclipse.codeassist.completion” and version “2.9.2.xx-201611170128-e46”

(happens with a lot of bundles). I added the line “org.eclipse.update.reconcile=false” to the config.ini in order to get rid of all the errors.
No i get:

!SESSION 2019-09-09 17:22:38.619 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_131
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en
Framework arguments: -projectPath=/usr/share/katalon_scripts/Szenario1/VRS.Adbooker-Szenario1-TEST/VRS.Adbooker-S
Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -data @noDefault -projectPath=/usr/share/katalon_scripts/S

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2019-09-09 17:22:39.272
!MESSAGE Startup error
!STACK 1
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “4 eclipse.p2.data.area=@config.dir/…/p2”
<------>at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)
<------>at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:580)
<------>at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:615)
<------>at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.getInitialBundles(EclipseStarter.java:602)
<------>at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.loadBasicBundles(EclipseStarter.java:570)
<------>at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:319)
<------>at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:239)
<------>at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
<------>at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
<------>at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
<------>at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
<------>at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
<------>at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
<------>at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)
<------>at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1492)

I ran the exact same test suites on the host and they ran fine. So it must be something with the configuration. Our admin updated all the packages to the latest versions, but still no success.
The suites ran fine in July but after my vacation… no susccessful build until now.
Can someone please point me into a direction and / or state what have been changed since than?

Do you need any information? Let me know!

I found the solution:

Just replace the config.ini with the original one.

I don’t know why mine was not working but i think it was related with “mcedit” on our Debian. So if anyone encounter similar issues, give it a try.

1 Like