How to verify Search feature on any application?

Hi

I am searching for a specific term say “ABC”. On click of search button it showed me list of records which contains “ABC” in it. Here i would like to verify, page is not showing other records which doesn’t contain “ABC” along with. how can i do that?

My application looks something like this

Thank u

Hi - you will want to use - WebUI.verifyElementAttributeValue(findTestObject(null), ‘’, ‘’, 0) - fill it in respectively to meet your requirements so “ABC”

I have had the same sort of issue that is ongoing - might be worth a read

Hey

Just gone throu the issue and tried with WebUI.verifyElementAttributeValue(findTestObject(null), ‘’, ‘’, 0) but it’s throwing an error

Untitled

Regards!!

Can you please share with me your script steps

yeah here it is

String None = WebUI.getText(findTestObject('New changes/Cycle count/WC'))

GlobalVariable.Page2 = None

WebUiBuiltInKeywords.click(findTestObject('Customer module/Search Customer/i_nexgen-search'))

WebUiBuiltInKeywords.waitForPageLoad(0)

WebUI.verifyElementAttributeValue(findTestObject('New changes/Cycle count/Number list'),
			'value', GlobalVariable.Page2, 0, FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE)

Regards!!

is that error throwing when only records are shown with ABC or when they are shown like the screenshot you shared above ?

if it showing with these records present then i would expect it to give you this error because the attribute value is not meeting ABC

yeah its shown when only records displayed with term ABC.

Are you using the correct attribute in the following

What i mean by that is ‘value’ might not be the attribute that contains ABC, it may be a different attribute