How to use findTestObject() in CustomKeywords?

Hello,
I would like to code a function which can find a screen in my web application and return true if it find it.

I wanted to create a customKeyword to do that, but I cannot find a way to use the function findTestObject() in my customKeyword - I get an error :

Caused by: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: test.common.FmUI.findTestObject() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [Header Menu/Barre de Titre - HFxiii]
at test.common.FmUI.findAlreadyOpenScreen(fmUI.groovy:94)
… 14 more

How could I code a function which returns true or false and use this findTestObject() ?

package test.common

import com.kms.katalon.core.annotation.Keyword
import com.kms.katalon.core.model.FailureHandling
import com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.TestObject as TestObject
import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords as WebUI

public class FmUI {

@Keyword
public boolean findAlreadyOpenScreen(String screenTitle) {

TestObject titre_ecran = findTestObject('Header Menu/Barre de Titre - HFxiii')

String xpath_titre_ecran = ('//div[contains(@style,"visibility: visible")]/div[@class="dijitDialogTitleBar"]//*[contains(text(),"' +
  screenTitle) + ' -")]'

println("xpath barre de titre : " + xpath_titre_ecran)

titre_ecran.setSelectorValue(SelectorMethod.XPATH, xpath_titre_ecran)

// tant que l'on ne trouve pas le titre voulu, on ferme les fenetres
  // quand on ne trouve plus de fenetre, on sort
  while (WebUI.waitForElementVisible(findTestObject('Object Repository/Authentification/Page_Reflex - QCSGERFX023/img_R'),5)) {
  	if (WebUI.waitForElementClickable(screenTitle, 1)) {
  		return true //fenetre trouvée !
  	}
  	WebUI.doubleClick(findTestObject('Object Repository/Authentification/Page_Reflex - QCSGERFX023/img_R'))
  }
  // plus de fenetre ouverte => fenetre non trouvée
  return false

}
}

The complaint from Katalon is about your use of the method and the types of the arguments you’re passing into it. For reasons I’m unaware, the system thinks you have a findTestObject() method supplied by the class test.common.FmUI.

findTestObject() is usually supplied statically by Katalon, as in this import statement:

import static com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository.findTestObject

Until you fix that (or explain why it’s happening) it’s hard to attest to why the error occurs.

To sum up - the compiler is complaining about your arguments types. Can’t say much more than that.

hello Russ_Thomas

as you suggested, I just had to use this import in order to make it working :

import static com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository.findTestObject

It seem this import is not added automatically by Katalon when I create CustomKeyword, so I just had to add it manually.

Thank you

1 Like

Je suis tres heureux (? my high school Francais is over half a century old :crazy_face: )

Sentence “Je suis heureux” is still understandable by me as french language has not changed so much for the last 50 years :joy:

1 Like

I wish I could say the same about me :frowning: