How To Process SAP Table Data with Katalon Recorder

Hello community,
the new option to use JSON data files with Katalon Automation Recorder is fantastic. I want to know if it is possible to process SAP table data on the same way. So I programmed a tiny ABAP report which delivers via the JSON serializer table data, in my case I use standard training table SFLIGHT.

"-Begin------------------------------------------------------------REPORT z_json_for_katalon_recorder.DATA:  lt_sflight      TYPE STANDARD TABLE OF sflight,  lv_sflight_json TYPE string  .SELECT * INTO CORRESPONDING FIELDS OF TABLE lt_sflight FROM SFLIGHT.lv_sflight_json = /ui2/cl_json=>serialize( data = lt_sflight ).BREAK-POINT."-End--------------------------------------------------------------

I stopped the execution and copied the data from the variable lv_sflight_json from the debugger, not elegant but pratically for my experiment.

Now I create an HTML side with the fields of the table.

<!DOCTYPE html><html>  <head>    <title>SFLIGHT</title>  </head>  <body>    <form>      <table>        <tr><td>CARRID:</td><td><input type="text" name="carrid" id="carrid"></td></tr>        <tr><td>CONNID:</td><td><input type="text" name="connid" id="connid"></td></tr>        <tr><td>FLDATE:</td><td><input type="text" name="fldate" id="fldate"></td></tr>        <tr><td>PRICE:</td><td><input type="number" name="price" id="price"></td></tr>        <tr><td>CURRENCY:</td><td><input type="text" name="currency" id="currency"></td></tr>        <tr><td>PLANETYPE:</td><td><input type="text" name="planetype" id="planetype"></td></tr>        <tr><td>SEATSMAX:</td><td><input type="number" name="seatsmax" id="seatsmax"></td></tr>        <tr><td>SEATSOCC:</td><td><input type="number" name="seatsocc" id="seatsocc"></td></tr>        <tr><td>PAYMENTSUM:</td><td><input type="number" name="paymentsum" id="paymentsum"></td></tr>        <tr><td>SEATSMAX_B:</td><td><input type="number" name="seatsmax_b" id="seatsmax_b"></td></tr>        <tr><td>SEATSOCC_B:</td><td><input type="number" name="seatsocc_b" id="seatsocc_b"></td></tr>        <tr><td>SEATSMAX_F:</td><td><input type="number" name="seatsmax_f" id="seatsmax_f"></td></tr>        <tr><td>SEATSOCC_F:</td><td><input type="number" name="seatsocc_f" id="seatsocc_f"></td></tr>        <tr><td></td><td></td></tr>      </table>    </form>  </body></html>

And in the last step I create my Katalon Recorder test case and executes it.

It runs without any problems. :slight_smile: I processed 405 records.

On this way we have the possibility to export any data table with any SELECT possibility from OpenSQL in SAP you like and to process them in a WebUI with Katalon Automation Recorder.

Thanks to the Katalon Team for this tool and this possibility.

Cheers
Stefan

katalon002.jpg

katalon001.jpg

3 Likes

Hello Community,

for additional information please look here.

Best regards
Stefan

Awesome. Thanks Stefan for sharing this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great work stephan

1 Like