How to modify report’s File Name, How to take entire page screenshot, Mouse Over is not working

Dear,

Can you please help me to get solution for below questions/issue?

1. How to modify the report’s file name to include the test case name & browser along with time and date?
  2. Mouse over function is not working. In run time, object is not being identified. Error showing that the object is not found
  3. How to take the screenshot of entire page (Screen) instead of the only page which displays on the screen

Thanks,

D Karthik

Hi there,

1. You can’t generate custom name for report after test suite execution for now. We will consider about it later :slight_smile:

2. To import jar file, you just need to follow this guide: https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/External+Libraries

Thanks

Dear,

I checked and the properties are not changing. When i add the object to WebSpy, able to highlight the object correctly however not sure why it was not selected while running the script. Unfortunately, the application will not be accessible outside hence unable to provide you the details.

For entire page screen shot, I have explored about Ashot however I could not see option to import the Ashot jar files to Katalon. Please advice how to use Ashot in Katalon.

For TC reports file name - I want to have the test case name on the output (Report folder) instead of the file folder format as YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS. Please advice.

Thanks,

D Karthik

1 Like

I think the reasons could be:

• The test object properties change randomly and that makes your test execution fail upon detection.

• The test object is not present or visible until you wait for it.

Please double check if your test object properties have been changed randomly or not. Or if your site can be accessed from outside, then you can send to us your test project so that we can see and help.

Thanks

Hi There,

Yes, i tried above methods. Its working sometimes and sometimes failures. I increased the waiting time also however not sure what could be the reason. It shows “Object not found”.

Thanks,

D Karthik

Karthik D, have you tried removing the xpath check on the element identification settings? I’ve often ran into xpath related problems where Katalon won’t recognize an element by it’s xpath so i had to untick ot and select “class” instead, it usually works in my limited experience.

Dear Vinh Nguyen,

Thanks much for your immediate response to my queries.

I have collection of test cases (with different scenarios to be executed in different browsers) in a test suite. I would like to see the report as for each executed test cases.

Currently if we see the reports folder, it is generated as DateAndTime. For example - 20170417_105448.

Hence, please advise whether i can add any script to change the report name as TestCaseName_BrowserName_DateAndTime

For MouseOver - I have increased waiting time however it is not being selected.

Thanks,

D Karthik

Hi there,

I’m quite concerned. Test Suite is a collection of test cases, and so test suite’s report. If you change test suite’s report to specific test case’s name, then it didn’t make sense to change report’s name to specific test case?
Object not found root cause can be element is not visible or present. How about waiting for to present or visible? You can highlight it because it’s already loaded completely on DOM, but in automation execution things may different.

Thanks

Hi There,

Thank you very much for your solution. Please find my comment below.

1. Modify the report file name - I meant to display the generated report’s file name (In the reports folder and not in Katalon studio) with test case name and browser name along with date and time as it is currently showing only the date and time and we are not sure the particular report/result is for which test case.

2. Mouse over functionality - I’m able to add the object and able to highlight after it is added however while running, the script is not identifying the object. It shows the object is not found

3. Entire page screenshot - I will try it

Thanks,

D Karthik

Hi there,

1. How to modify the report’s file name to include the test case name & browser along with time and date?

=> On Tests Explorer, you can right-click on the report and select ‘Rename’ item to change it.
2) Mouse over function is not working. In run time, the object is not being identified. Error showing that the object is not found

=> This case related to object is not found, therefore mouseover will not work properly. The other keywords will have the same behaviours too in this case. You should double check the input test object.
3) How to take the screenshot of the entire page (Screen) instead of the only page which displays on the screen.

=> You can refer to this article: http://test-able.blogspot.com/2015/10/take-entire-page-screenshots-in-selenium-webdriver-scripts.html. Its solution will help you to take the screenshot of the entire page.

I need a nice piece of code to take full screen screenshots and was directed to this page. I downloaded and imported the ashot jar file. I have no idea what to do now however. Does anyone know a tutorial to get ashot working with Katalon?
So far I haven’t found anything to help me and really hope someone can help me out.

Karthik D did you succeed in using ashot for your screenshots?

Tim van der Weyden said:

I need a nice piece of code to take full screen screenshots and was directed to this page. I downloaded and imported the ashot jar file. I have no idea what to do now however. Does anyone know a tutorial to get ashot working with Katalon?
So far I haven’t found anything to help me and really hope someone can help me out.

Karthik D did you succeed in using ashot for your screenshots?

I am also facing same issue.Ashot not working for me,still its giving me error as - Groovy:unable to resolve class Ashot

Please, Katalon, we need this feature so badly, to be able to custom the report.

For example I need all files that I automatically dld using Katalon scripting -to be able to rename it. So like a custom config for report. I need to include the timestamp in the title, but not manually to rename it. So please add this feature quickly. 10x!

3 Likes

Hi Vinh_Nguyen: if we can not modify the testsuits report name instead of timestamp , reports are getting overwritten while running by command . So ,is there any way to solve the problem .

Have a look at this post:

1 Like