HELP! I deleted my entire Objects Repository

Hello,

New here to the forum… I Managed to somehow delete my entire Objects Repository, and can not seem to find a backup. I tried to see if I could “recover” the file in Windows 10, which failed. Does anyone know if Katalon somehow creates a backup file of the Objects Repository.

Any and all help would be appreciated, i just lost months of work

thanks,

Paul

Does anyone know the file extension for the Object Repository, or which directory it resides in the Katalon directory structure. Im really needing help with this issue.

Please check the project directory of your Katalon project using Windows Explorer or Mac Finder or commandline. In the project directory, you would find a directory named ‘Object Repository’.

In the Object Repository directory, do you find any files or directories retained? or is it empty?

There is a slight possibility that files are retained in the Object Repository but NOT visible in the Katalon Studio GUI.

KatalonDiscussion10478.png

kazurayam said:

Please check the project directory of your Katalon project using Windows Explorer or Mac Finder or commandline. In the project directory, you would find a directory named ‘Object Repository’.

In the Object Repository directory, do you find any files or directories retained? or is it empty?

There is a slight possibility that files are retained in the Object Repository but NOT visible in the Katalon Studio GUI.

Hello, I am using a windows 10 machine, I checked the object repository directory and it was empty. ;( So I have been painstakingly rebuilding my objects repository. How do we submit a request to have Katalon create some type of backup of the repository, as well as GIVE A WARNING IF YOU ARE READY TO DELETE YOUR OBJECT REPOSITORY, It would be nice to know if your ready to delete your repository.

thanks for your help

I would recommend to you to lean Git and make your Katalon projects continuously backed up using Git.

Have a read of http://katalon.org/working-with-git-in-the-katalon-studio/

Git is the most popular, robust, reliable tool of backing up/versioning of any type of software projects.

People use git command with “remote repository”. A remote in Git is a common repository that all team members use to exchange their changes. In most cases, such a remote repository is stored on a code hosting service like GitHub, BitBucket or on an internal server using GitLab.

When you have deleted your local files of your Katalon project regardless intentionally or accidentally, you would be able to easily restore it from the remote repository.

Sharing project by remote Git repository.png

How do we submit a request to have Katalon create some type of backup of the repository,

You can post a new issue to this Forum in the category of Features / Improvement Suggestion, of course.

However I suppose posting it would be in vain. You would get an answer saying “use Git to make yourself backedup”. B)