Groovy Error: Unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable

I also have the same problem when I run from cmd

unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable   import internal.GlobalVariable as GlobalVariable
9 Likes

Groovy:unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable

Katalon 5.4.0

4 Likes

Groovy: unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable

Katalon: 5.4.2

org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
D:\Test\Libs\TempTestSuite1527949976713.groovy: 14: unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable
@ line 14, column 1.
import internal.GlobalVariable as GlobalVariable
^
1 error

Request sent successfully.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Test Suites/Test - Firefox - 20180603_003256…0/2(0%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 Likes

See here:

1 Like

Reno Abraham said:

Groovy: unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable

Katalon: 5.4.2

D:\Test\Libs\TempTestSuite1527949976713.groovy: 14: unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable
@ line 14, column 1.
^
1 error

Test Suites/Test - Firefox - 20180603_003256…0/2(0%)

This is occurring for me with 5.4.2 as well. This breaks all Execution Profile functionality (obviously).

4 Likes

Viktors Arzanajevs said:

See here:
https://forum.katalon.com/discussion/comment/16316/#Comment_16316

This will work if you have the GlobalVariable.groovy file already in your project. If you’re like me, however, and you have the Lib folder removed from your project folder for whatever reason (for me, it’s specified in the .gitignore file for our repo, and thus not included when cloning), you can do the following as a workaround:

1.) Create a new project.
2.) In your file explorer, find the Lib folder in the new project and copy it.
3.) Paste the lib folder into your actual project folder.

Then the solution above will work, as the GlobalVariable.groovy file can be found and thus compiled.

Thanks

3 Likes

Still not working: unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable

4 Likes

This error is showing on every console command run of my Katalon script, this error makes Katalon Studio unuseable for me, I dont really want to move to something else, please help

I dont even have the line it says fails in my script, nor am I using any global variables:

Request sent successfully.org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:C:\Users\testing\git\buildmonitor\Libs\TempTestSuite1528881251404.groovy: 14: unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable @ line 14, column 1.   import internal.GlobalVariable as GlobalVariable   ^1 errorIf I manually recreate the script locally on the machine that will run it instead of cloning in to it this issue does not occur
4 Likes

Happens to me, too:

C:\Users\aaaa\git\bbbb\Libs\TempTestSuite1528975458403.groovy: 14: unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable
 @ line 14, column 1.
   ^
1 error
Test Suites/TS-xxxxx paralele/TS-xxxxx00 - Chrome (headless) - 20180614_132418..
.........................................................................0/1(0%)
2 Likes

can’t run jenkins jobs anymore:

12:38:50 Request sent successfully.12:38:50 org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:12:38:50 D:\JenkinsLocal\tools\com.cloudbees.jenkins.plugins.customtools.CustomTool\katalon_windows\katalon_tests\Step\Libs\TempTestSuite1529066329260.groovy: 14: unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable12:38:50  @ line 14, column 1.12:38:50    import internal.GlobalVariable as GlobalVariable12:38:50    ^12:38:50 12:38:50 1 error
3 Likes

Hey, guys…

You know what we can do to make this issue more urgent? Upvote! :slight_smile:

So, please upvote!

15 Likes

Bump

5 Likes

Bump

2 Likes

We are looking into this issue, please be patient. Can you guys provide some logs? Are there any reproducible steps I can try?

1 Like

Hi all,

I’ve reproduced it, we will try to figure out root causes and fix it in the next release. Thanks for all of your information.

Regards

4 Likes

Hi all,

This issue has been fixed. We will include it in the next release shortly :slight_smile:

Regards

5 Likes

Thanks for this awesome product guys. I really enjoy using it. Can you please give a definition of “shortly” :slight_smile: ?

1 Like

We expected to deliver it next week :slight_smile:

Regards

9 Likes

thank you guys, you’re doing a great job!

2 Likes

HI Katalon…sorry to ask…our project is down due to this error…when will 5.5 be released?

randomly getting this error on test executions run from docker container

/katalon/katalon/project/Libs/TempTestSuite1530529577793.groovy: 14: unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable

@ line 14, column 1.

^

1 error

1 Like