You are currently reading Part 5 of our Getting Started Guide
Part 1: Setting up your Profiles
Part 2: How to Search the Community?
Part 3: How to Ask the Community?
Part 4: How to Get Solutions from the Community?
Part 5: What are Trust Levels?
Part 6: Get recognized for your contribution with the Kudos Board!
Part 7: Badges - Gotta catch 'em all!
Part 8: Katalon Community Sitemap
In this topic, we’re going to explore Discourse’s trust levels (TLs) and how they affects your interaction with our Community. This is going to get quite lengthy so please stay with us or use the Table of Content on the right-hand side to jump to the section that interests you
According to Discourse, trust levels are a way of …
You can check your current trust level by going to your Profile > Summary. If you still don’t see it, click Expand .
By default, Discourse provides these five TLs:
- TL0: New user
- TL1: Basic user
- TL2: Member
- TL3: Regular
- TL4: Leader
Trust Level 0 - New user
Most of you reading this is probably still at TL0, meaning trust has yet to be earned. You have just created an account, and are still learning how our community works. As you spend more time on our Community, you’ll gain new TLs, alongside new perks and abilities that will enable you to maintain and moderate Katalon Community together with us!
At the moment, you cannot …
- Send personal messages (PMs) to other users
- “Reply as new topic” via Link button (UI removed)
- Flag posts
- Post more than 1 image
- Post any attachments
- Post more than 2 hyperlinks in a post
- Have actual links in the ‘about me’ field of their profile (will be silently and temporarily converted to plain text)
- Mention more than 2 users in a post
- Post more than 3 topics
- Post more than 10 replies
- Edit your own posts after more than 24 hours
Trust Level 1 - Basic user
Getting to TL1 is a piece of cake, all you need to do is spend a little bit of time on the Community reading and creating topics. Specifically, you’ll need to:
- Entering at least 5 topics
- Reading at least 30 posts
- Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts
At TL1, you can …
- Use all core Discourse functions; all new user restrictions are removed
- Send PMs
- Flag posts
- Mute other users
Trust Level 2 - Member
Members are those who keep coming back to our Community over a series of weeks. By this stage, you’ve not only read but also actively participated long and consistently enough to be trusted with full citizenship.
Get to trust level 2 by…
- Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
- Casting at least 1 like
- Receiving at least 1 like
- Replying to at least 3 different topics
- Entering at least 20 topics
- Reading at least 100 posts
- Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts
At TL2, you can …
- Use the Invite others to this topic button for one-click onboarding of new users to participate in topics
- Invite outside users to PMs making a group PM
- Daily like, edit, and flag limits increased by 1.5×
- Ignore other users
- Edit your own posts for up to 30 days after posting
Trust Level 3 - Regular
Regulars are the backbone of our Community, the most active and reliable contributors over months or even years. Because they’re always around, you can count on them to be the first ones to reply and offer solutions to your topics.
To get to TL3, in the last 100 days …
You must have visited at least 50% of days
You must have replied to at least 10 different non-PM topics
Of topics created in the last 100 days, you must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
Of posts created in the last 100 days, you must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
You must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
You must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags
You must not have been suspended or silenced in the last 6 months
Likes cannot be from personal messages (PMs)
Please note that unlike other TLs, you can lose TL3 status. If you dip below these requirements in the last 100 days, you’ll be demoted back to TL2 - Member. However, in order to avoid constant promotion/demotion situations, there is a 2-week grace period immediately after gaining tL3 during which you will not be demoted.
At TL3, you can …
- Recategorize and rename topics
- Access a Lounge category only visible TL3 users and higher
- TL3 spam flags cast on TL0 user posts immediately hide the post
- TL3 flags cast on TL0 user posts in sufficient diversity will auto-silence the user and hide all their posts
- Daily like, edit, and flag limits increased by 2×
Trust Level 4 - Leader
Leaders are regulars who have been around forever and seen everything. They set a positive example for the community through their actions and their posts. If you need advice, suggestions and solutions to your issues, these are the folks you would turn to first. By this stage, you’ll have a chance to become one of our Top contributors or Volunteer moderators, together shaping the future of Katalon Community with us.
TL4 status can only be granted by a member of the Katalon team.
At this stage, you can …
- Edit all posts
- Pin/unpin topic
- Close topics
- Archive topics
- Make topics unlisted
- Split and merge topics
- Reset topic bump date
- Daily like, edit, and flag limits increased by 3×
- Any TL4 flag cast on any post immediately takes effect and hides the target post
- Can send personal messages to an email address
Now we know that the road from TL0 to TL4 can be daunting at first, so we’ve prepared a comprehensive and easy-to-follow Onboarding Booklet for you. Consider it your best friend at every step of your journey in Katalon Community!
See below for a thorough table of trust levels’ perks and limitations that we’ve mentioned above.
Topic and Posts
|Reply as Linked Topic|
|Reply by email|
|Email-in New Topics|
|Mention users in a post||2|
|Use @here mention|
|Tag a topic|
|Close any poll|
|Edit Posts||24 hrs||24 hrs||30 days||30 days||No limit|
|Edit all Posts|
|Delete own Posts (not Topics, unless there are no replies)|
Actions and Reactions
|Daily Like Limit/Multiplier||50||50||x1.5||x2||x3|
|Mute other users|
|Ignore other users|
|View New User Post Message|
|View Returning User Post Messages|
|Have actual links in the ‘About Me’ section of your Profile|
|Access the Lounge|
|Can hide TL0 spam posts|
|Flagging a post immediately takes effects and hides the target post|
Sending Personal Messages (PMs)
|Can send Personal Messages (PMs)|
|Invite other users to PMs making a group PM|
|Send PMs to an email address|
Up next: Part 6: Get recognized for your contribution with the Kudos Board!
Congratulation on making it here! Please click on the button below to let us know that you have read and understood our Getting Started Guide!