Get Data from Web Page and Put in Excel


I’m trying to run some tests on a web page where my test will input a series of possible settings and get results that are displayed on the web page. I know how to set Katalon up to enter the settings and click a button to submit each of the settings, but I can’t figure out how to get Katalon to read the result text on the page and store it in Excel. I’ve spent several days researching this and can’t figure it out.

Here’s an example (This isn’t the actual site I’m working with, but this example should give you an idea of what I’m trying to do):

Let’s say I wanted to run a test on I would set the Katalon test up to input some figures in the mortgage calculator and click “Calculate”. Then I want to retrieve and store the Monthly Payment result in Excel along with the test figures I used to get that result. Then enter a new set of figures, click "Calculate, retrieve and store the Monthly Payment…and continue doing this for several figures. At the end, I want to be able to open the Excel spreadsheet and have it show me each set of test figures and the corresponding Monthly Payment result for each set of figures.

Is this possible?

If so, what do I need to do to set this up?

(Please note that I’m pretty weak in my coding abilities. So, if this would require coding, please explain it like you’re talking to a novice.)

Thank you.


Currently, in Katalon we do not have a option to store a value in excel.
Following example : illustrate storing a run time generated number into variable(GeneratedOrdno)
and then use that variable as a input where ever required.

Note:The stored Value “GeneratedOrdrNo” is available and can be used only within that script.

Store a value.PNG

Manual view.PNG


but I can’t figure out how to get Katalon to read the result text on the page and store it in Excel.

Following post of mine may help:

I described how my Katalon project reads and writes an Excel file using Apache POI

Thank you Yadav and Kazurayam. Kazurayam, I’ll check out your post. I also found that I can use the getText keyword to grab the info off the page as a string and it is displayed in the console log. I was then able to copy all of that log and paste it into Excel manually. From there I used conditional formatting in Excel to change the font color of the cells with the figures I wanted and then sorted the spreadsheet by cell color to isolate those figures. It’s more manual than I wanted, but only took about a minute and at least got me the data to review.

Hopefully, Kazurayam, your method will allow me to completely automate the process.

Thanks again!



I believe you can make it. May the Force be with you :o