Firefox Headless crashes on select option by Label with Regular Expression

Hello,

I’m Facing a issue where Katalon works perfectly Fine with Chrome/ Headless or Firefox… but Firefox Headless crashes when i try to select option by Label with Regular Expression.

In the script are Delays set but those are set to 0 because im using the Smart Wait Function.
Now my question is should I disable Smart Wait and change the Delay to 1 or 2 like i did before or is this a diffent Problem?

The Error Log:Erorrlog.txt (12.2 KB)

Thats the Script(only to the Point of Error + 1 more step):

WebUI.openBrowser(GlobalVariable.URLstudent)

WebUI.setViewPortSize(800, 600)

WebUI.click(findTestObject('Object Repository/Page_Erffnung Exklusiv Konto/button_Weiter'))

WebUI.delay(GlobalVariable.Delay)

WebUI.click(findTestObject('Object Repository/Page_Erffnung Exklusiv Konto/input_Herr_IN_7090'))

WebUI.setText(findTestObject('Object Repository/Page_Erffnung Exklusiv Konto/input_Vorname_IN_7082'), GlobalVariable.Vorname)

WebUI.setText(findTestObject('Object Repository/Page_Erffnung Exklusiv Konto/input_Nachname_IN_7083'), GlobalVariable.Nachname)

WebUI.setText(findTestObject('Object Repository/Page_Erffnung Exklusiv Konto/input_Geburtsort_IN_7084'), GlobalVariable.GebOrt)

WebUI.setText(findTestObject('Object Repository/Page_Erffnung Exklusiv Konto/input_Geburtsdatum (ttmmjjjj)_IN_7092'), GlobalVariable.GebDatum)

WebUI.selectOptionByLabel(findTestObject('Page_Erffnung Exklusiv Konto/select_GebLand'), GlobalVariable.GebLand, true)

WebUI.selectOptionByLabel(findTestObject('Page_Erffnung Exklusiv Konto/select_Staatsbrgerschaft'), GlobalVariable.Staatsbrgerschaft, 
true)

WebUI.setText(findTestObject('Object Repository/Page_Erffnung Exklusiv Konto/input_E-Mail-Adresse_IN_7085'), GlobalVariable.Email)

WebUI.setText(findTestObject('Object Repository/Page_Erffnung Exklusiv Konto/input_sterr Mobilnummer (0xxx581058)1'), GlobalVariable.Vorwahl)

WebUI.setText(findTestObject('Object Repository/Page_Erffnung Exklusiv Konto/input_sterr Mobilnummer (0xxx581058)2'), GlobalVariable.Telefonnummer)

WebUI.selectOptionByLabel(findTestObject('Page_Erffnung Exklusiv Konto/select_Beschftigungsverhltnis'), 'Arbeiter/Angestellter/Beamter', 
true)

WebUI.click(findTestObject('Object Repository/Page_Erffnung Exklusiv Konto/button_Weiter'))

WebUI.setText(findTestObject('Object Repository/Page_Erffnung Exklusiv Konto/input_Strae_IN_7096'), 'SomeStreet')

WebUI.setText(findTestObject('Object Repository/Page_Erffnung Exklusiv Konto/input_HausnummerStiegeTr_IN_7097'), '11')

WebUI.setText(findTestObject('Object Repository/Page_Erffnung Exklusiv Konto/input_Postleitzahl_IN_7098'), '1234')

WebUI.setText(findTestObject('Object Repository/Page_Erffnung Exklusiv Konto/input_Ort_IN_7099'), 'Braunau am Inn')

WebUI.selectOptionByLabel(findTestObject('Page_Erffnung Exklusiv Konto/select_Fililale'), GlobalVariable.Filiale + 
'.*', true)

Thats the Error im getting:
Test Cases/***/V-St *** Student/V-St *** Student Visa Full FAILED.
Reason:
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to select option by label '1020 Wien, Praterstern 3.
’ of object ‘Object Repository/Page_Erffnung Exklusiv Konto/select_Fililale’ using regular expression
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:64)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:26)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.SelectOptionByLabelKeyword.selectOptionByLabel(SelectOptionByLabelKeyword.groovy:98)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.SelectOptionByLabelKeyword.execute(SelectOptionByLabelKeyword.groovy:71)
at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:60)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.selectOptionByLabel(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:1200)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords$selectOptionByLabel$3.call(Unknown Source)
at V-St **** Student Visa Full.run(V-St **** Student Visa Full:54)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:337)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:328)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:307)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:299)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:233)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:114)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:105)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source)
at TempTestCase1576132478504.run(TempTestCase1576132478504.groovy:23)
Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.ElementClickInterceptedException: Element

This sounds like a timing issue. As I understand it, SmartWait is about measuring relative stability of the page. You may still need to wait while some JavaScript makes other maneuvers - and looking at your error, that seems the likely issue.

Yes thats what i already thought…
For stability reasons I’ve already disabled the Smart Wait feature and gone back to using delays in the script…

I was just wondering why only in Firefox Headless and not in Firefox in generell

One cant understand everything :smiley:

1 Like