Execution of Web automation on VSTS using Host Agent VS2017

Our automation code and Katalon studio is kept at VSTS under one project. Is it possible to execute our automation code using Host agent VS2017? If yes, please share some documentation.

This guide is for you: https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/VSTS+integration

By this way we can execute automation scripts as private(default) agent. To do this we have to download agent our machine and configure it there. I don’t want to download Host agent on our machine. My code and Katalon.exe (katalon studio) both are kept at at VSTS. I want to execute script using Host agent VS2017 there.
I have added argument :
-runMode=console -projectPath="$(Build.SourcesDirectory)\TestProject\EveryOne\EveryOne.prj" -reportFolder=“Reports” -reportFileName=“report” -retry=1 -retryFailedTestCases=true -testSuitePath="$(Build.SourcesDirectory)\TestProject\EveryOne\Test Suites\EveryOneSmokeSuite" -browserType=“Chrome” -noSplash

Initialize Agent : Success
Initialize Job : Success
Get Sources : Success
Test2 :Operation failed.

My automation script has not execute. Ii has failed due to Agent timeout. Script is very small just login logout.

Vinh Nguyen said:

This guide is for you: https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/VSTS+integration

By this way we can execute automation scripts as private(default) agent. To do this we have to download agent our machine and configure it there. I don’t want to download Host agent on our machine. My code and Katalon.exe (katalon studio) both are kept at at VSTS. I want to execute script using Host agent VS2017 there.
I have added argument :
-runMode=console -projectPath=“$(Build.SourcesDirectory)\TestProject\EveryOne\EveryOne.prj” -reportFolder=“Reports” -reportFileName=“report” -retry=1 -retryFailedTestCases=true -testSuitePath=“$(Build.SourcesDirectory)\TestProject\EveryOne\Test Suites\EveryOneSmokeSuite” -browserType=“Chrome” -noSplash

Initialize Agent : Success
Initialize Job : Success
Get Sources : Success
Test2 :Operation failed.

My automation script has not execute. Ii has failed due to Agent timeout. Script is very small just login logout.

Hi,

The link in this post is broken. Can someone update it? We are having an issue running Katalon in VSTS. The command gets executed without errors but it just sits there and does nothing.

• We have tried using these Agents: Hosted VS2017, Hosted & Hosted Windows Container
  • We have tried versions 1 & 2 of the Command Line build step.

The same command runs fine locally when I replace the ProjectPath to match my local machine. Can someone please help?

Console output

2018-11-20T16:47:14.2926207Z ##[section]Starting: Katlaon

2018-11-20T16:47:14.2929535Z ==============================================================================

2018-11-20T16:47:14.2929596Z Task : Command Line

2018-11-20T16:47:14.2929636Z Description : Run a command line with arguments

2018-11-20T16:47:14.2929792Z Version : 1.1.3

2018-11-20T16:47:14.2929850Z Author : Microsoft Corporation

2018-11-20T16:47:14.2929889Z Help : [More Information](Command Line task - Azure Pipelines | Microsoft Docs)

2018-11-20T16:47:14.2929927Z ==============================================================================

2018-11-20T16:47:14.3111353Z ##[command]katalon.exe -noSplash -runMode=console -consoleLog -projectPath=“D:\a\1\s\KatalonProjects\Jason_Test.prj\Tips and Tricks with Katalon Studio.prj” -retry=0 -testSuitePath=“Test Suites/Smoke_Tests/Login_successfully_tests” -executionProfile=“default” -browserType=“Chrome”

2018-11-20T16:51:33.2709079Z ##[error]The operation was canceled. ***I cancelled it after 4.5 minutes******

2018-11-20T16:51:33.2725704Z ##[section]Finishing: Katlaon

kat2.png

kat1.png

Hi Jason,

Finally, are you able to integrate? if yes, could you please let me know how did you resolve the above issue?

Thanks,
Alish

Please try removing -consoleLog.

Sorry I didn’t see this sooner. Yes I believe that this was a permissions issue. We previously had our Katalon application files in our git repository. To reduce bloat in our repo, we moved those files to the Agent (server) and referenced them from the script in our Pipeline steo. So whenever a new version comes out, we just have to unzip everything on the server and not deal with checking all that stuff into the repo.

I had to give NETWORK SERVICE full permission to that folder because that’s what ADO runs under.