Every test case is terminating with Launcher status after execution process completed: Terminated

Hi there,

I am trying to execute web service tests through the katalon GUI and none of them are running. All I get is a message that the test case has been terminated.

The only infomation available is in the event log, stating ‘Launcher status after execution process completed: Terminated’ .
I have made a ‘test’ which is just KeywordUtil.logInfo(‘log’) and katalon will not run this either

I have checked I am on the most recent katalon version.

Has anyone encountered this severe issue before? I was running things 3 days ago without issue.

Hi @jack.headland,
Please help to send the execution log. By the way, please download the latest version from https://github.com/katalon-studio/katalon-studio/releases and try again. If the problem still persists, please go to Project > Settings > Execution > Launch Arguments and enter the following in the VM arguments:
-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=<path_to_your_heap_dump_file>
Then execute your tests again, and send the heap dump file if any is generated.

@jack.headland - I started noticing it this morning. Was this resolved? How did you fix this issue?

1 Like

Hello, I have some issue when I wanna run my mobile test case, how can I fix it? Thank you in advance. I’m using Katalon 7.8.2.

Hi @revitasurya,
Please share with us the information as mentioned in my previous answer.

Hi, i’m getting this issue and now all of my test cases terminate immediately. I’ve added the following into katalon studio -> project settings -> execution -< launch arguments:

-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError
-XX:HeapDumpPath=<C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_291\lib>

I can’t see any .hprof heap dump file created any where on my PC when i try and run my test cases. What was the fix for this?

Very belated, but in case it helps anyone in future: I had this issue yesterday, and resolved it simply by reopening Katalon studio as administrator.

1 Like

Hi @AmyKirk, thank you for your participation on Katalon Community! I’ll go ahead and mark your reply as a solution :white_check_mark: for the time being so that others who are experiencing the same issue will know how to resolve it! :+1: