Error message when running imported Selenium IDE script

Hi,
I am using version 5.3.0. I import my Selenium IDE script into Katalon Studio. I click Run. I immediately receive the following error message: “There are errors in the script. Please fix before executing.” But it gives me no other information. How do I find out what is wrong with my script?
Thanks.

Ilya Novak said:

Hi,
I am using version 5.3.0. I import my Selenium IDE script into Katalon Studio. I click Run. I immediately receive the following error message: “There are errors in the script. Please fix before executing.” But it gives me no other information. How do I find out what is wrong with my script?
Thanks.

You can open your script in Scripting view and see there are any errors there

I have this same problem, but it’s not an imported script. When I switch to Scripting view it shows no errors. My script just has three lines. I’ve stripped everything else away trying to find the error. I’ve deleted and recreated the script. I’ve closed and reopened Katalon. Still have the same problem.

I get this same message, though when I go to scripting mode it shows no errors. Also everything runs fine. Is there another place to look to see if something is wrong, or is this some sort of false alarm?

2 Likes

I’m running into the same issue… test runs fine, but when try to save it keeps yelling at me that there are errors in the script. Any hints?

Hello

In addition to importing Selenium/TestNG/JUnit projects into Katalon Studio, from version 7.5.10 onwards, you can also import a Selenium IDE project for execution with Katalon Studio.

Download 7.5.10 here.

Requirements

• Katalon Studio version 7.5.10 onwards
  • An active Katalon Studio Enterprise license

Jass