Element not interactable

Hi

So its a very particular scenario so i dont expect someone to be able to fix this for me but if anyone has any ideas please let me know -

So we have test scripts for a version of our software v9.0.3, we have realeased this to customers and are now working on v9.1. There are parts obviously that have changed so i have update these in the test scripts but alot is still the same however now the majority of elements have become not interactable. I have updated all the parts where it used to direct to the old URL to the v9.1 URl. Im hoping ive made a stupid mistake and just cant see what im doing wrong and that i dont have to update all the objects individually.

Reading this back i havent made it the clearst of things so if need any more info just let me know

02-14-2019 10:28:24 AM Test Cases/touchpoint examples/Login and Select an employee - Manager v9.1

Elapsed time: 17.801s

Test Cases/touchpoint examples/Login and Select an employee - Manager v9.1 FAILED.
Reason:
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to click on object 'Object Repository/Page_CIPHR Self Service 9.0.3/span_HR Admin' (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.ElementNotVisibleException: element not interactable
  (Session info: chrome=72.0.3626.109)
  (Driver info: chromedriver=2.43.600210 (68dcf5eebde37173d4027fa8635e332711d2874a),platform=Windows NT 10.0.14393 x86_64) (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)
Command duration or timeout: 0 milliseconds
Build info: version: '3.7.1', revision: '8a0099a', time: '2017-11-06T21:07:36.161Z'
System info: host: '02357CIP', ip: '10.1.5.76', os.name: 'Windows 10', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '10.0', java.version: '1.8.0_181'
Driver info: com.kms.katalon.selenium.driver.CChromeDriver
Capabilities {acceptInsecureCerts: false, acceptSslCerts: false, applicationCacheEnabled: false, browserConnectionEnabled: false, browserName: chrome, chrome: {chromedriverVersion: 2.43.600210 (68dcf5eebde371..., userDataDir: C:\Users\HPULSF~1\AppData\L...}, cssSelectorsEnabled: true, databaseEnabled: false, goog:chromeOptions: {debuggerAddress: localhost:50359}, handlesAlerts: true, hasTouchScreen: false, javascriptEnabled: true, locationContextEnabled: true, mobileEmulationEnabled: false, nativeEvents: true, networkConnectionEnabled: false, pageLoadStrategy: normal, platform: XP, platformName: XP, rotatable: false, setWindowRect: true, takesHeapSnapshot: true, takesScreenshot: true, unexpectedAlertBehaviour: , unhandledPromptBehavior: , version: 72.0.3626.109, webStorageEnabled: true}
Session ID: edb6f4a45e0c8c485f2477cf286f6050)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.stepFailed(KeywordMain.groovy:36)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:65)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:27)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.click(ClickKeyword.groovy:86)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.ClickKeyword.execute(ClickKeyword.groovy:67)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:53)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.click(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:616)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords$click$3.call(Unknown Source)
	at Login and Select an employee - Manager v9.1.run(Login and Select an employee - Manager v9.1:22)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:328)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:319)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:298)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:290)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:224)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:106)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:97)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source)
	at TempTestCase1550140101505.run(TempTestCase1550140101505.groovy:22)
2 Likes

I have resolved this issue by changing the attributes to search just using text, it was trying to locate with posititon and therefore not being located correctly as with the update the buttons have changed. My Silly mistake so just check that all your settings are correct if you ever experience something like this :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing the solution!

2 Likes