Create a Katalon Studio Enterprise Offline License

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/how-to-create-kse-offline-license.html

Can an offline license be used by any user who logs into the corresponding machine? We plan on making some Katalon machines to be shared by different resources on the automated testing team who will log in with their usual credentials, but I am worried an offline license will be locked to one user.

Hi @Brandon-Hinds

An offline license binds to a machine, however the machine ID is determined from both the current OS user, therefore different users logging into the same machine using different accounts would result in different Machine ID. A common practice is to have one shared account to be used by your team.

An offline license binds to a machine, however the machine ID is determined from both the current OS user, therefore different users logging into the same machine using different accounts would result in different Machine ID. A common practice is to have one shared account to be used by your team.

Thanks @ThanhTo, that’s what I needed to know. I will look at provisioning some testing accounts before I get the Machine IDs.

Hi,

I have uploaded the licence file provided by Organization Admin in Katalon Tool and the next step it asks is my katalon account username and Password. After I enter them it gives below error message:

Your account does not belong to this Organization ID: 12345
Please try again or reach out to admin.

Can some one help so that iI can perform if any step is missing or can ask my Organization admin to perform any missed steps.

Thanks,
Sridhar

Hi. I’ve answered your question here Katalon Studio Enterprise activation.