Crash of firefox when run python script with selenium

Dear Users,

I would like to use Katalon recorder in order to automate a form. I first tried to use katalon studio but I don’t know why when I started the steps the browser (firefox) did not wanted to open the webpage or anything. So I decided to use KATALON recorder and then export a python scirpt (webdriver) so I could use different data for my test.

Unfortunately when running my script firefox crashed again and here the log file info:

1606917065264 geckodriver INFO Listening on 127.0.0.1:59081
1606917068290 mozrunner::runner INFO Running command: “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” “–marionette” “-foreground” “-no-remote” “-profile” “C:\Users\MELE\AppData\Local\Temp\rust_mozprofiletxvfBV”
[GFX1]: Potential driver version mismatch ignored due to missing DLLs igd10umd32 v= and igd10iumd32 v=
[GFX1]: Potential driver version mismatch ignored due to missing DLLs igd10umd32 v= and igd10iumd32 v=
Can’t find symbol ‘eglSwapBuffersWithDamageEXT’.
JavaScript error: resource://gre/modules/XULStore.jsm, line 66: Error: Can’t find profile directory.
console.warn: SearchSettings: “get: No settings file exists, new profile?” (new Error("", “(unknown module)”))
console.error: Region.jsm: “Error fetching region” (new TypeError(“NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.”, “”))
console.error: Region.jsm: “Failed to fetch region” (new Error(“NO_RESULT”, “resource://gre/modules/Region.jsm”, 351))
1606917072537 Marionette INFO Listening on port 59091
1606917072672 Marionette WARN TLS certificate errors will be ignored for this session
1606917072803 Marionette INFO Stopped listening on port 59091

###!!! [Child][RunMessage] Error: Channel closing: too late to send/recv, messages will be lost

###!!! [Child][RunMessage] Error: Channel closing: too late to send/recv, messages will be lost

###!!! [Child][MessageChannel::SendAndWait] Error: Channel error: cannot send/recv

Does any of you faced a similar issue?

Many thanks in advance,

All the best

There are so many things wrong here it’s hard to know where to start.

1. This forum category is for Web Testing with Katalon Studio. You are using Katalon Recorder which has a different forum category. You should probably try posting there.

2. We don’t support other products here, so your use of python to target selenium stretches the limits of what’s supported here.

3. The log seems to suggest you have driver issues. Ensure your Firefox and geckodriver are both up to date and try again.

My advice is go back to using Katalon Studio once you’ve complete step 3 above and stick to that setup.

Once you’ve done that, whatever goes wrong we can help you with.

Many thanks for your quick reply. Sorry I though that katalon recorder was part of katalon studio. I will make sure firefox and geckodriver are up to date and come back to katalon studio if that works .

Many thanks again.

No. Katalon Recorder is a standalone product (browser based plugin) that doesn’t produce the same kind of scripts.

Katalon Studio has a built-in Web Recorder, which is very different.

Do what I said, set everything up correctly and post any new issues which I’m sure we can fix.