Combine multiple data sources

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/combine-multiple-data-sources.html

Where we will be exactly using the “Manage Test Data Relationship” in katalon while Data binding??

Hello @faizur

You can manage test data relationship exactly in step 4 which says

Click Type to toggle between One and Many, which represents the test data relationship of multiple test data sources.

The document section Manage test data relationship is for the explanatory purpose.

Jass

1 Like

Thank you for the reply @Jass
But im not sure, in which scenario we have to use this “Type” column in test data relationship!
If there is any demo video for this, kindly share it with me.

Faizur

Hi @faizur

Suppose you have a Test Data containing (N) user accounts (username, password), another Test Data representing the purchase order which is a list of (M) items, and a test case of a user purchasing an item, the ability to combine multiple data sources in this case would provide you with two options:

• Execute the test case N * M times: For each user account, execute the test case M times, purchasing M items. You’d configure Account test data with type ‘one’, and Purchase test data with type ‘many’.

• Execute the test case N times: For each user account, execute the test case 1 times, purchasing the item corresponds to the data row of user account (i.e i-th user would by i-th item). You’d configure both Account test data and Purchase test data type ‘one’.

2 Likes

Thank you @ThanhTo

Now I am clear about this multiple test data sources. I tried in my test suite with multiple test data in both the option “One to one” and “One to Many” it worked very well.
I used two user accounts and two input values
In “One to one” type, the test case ran 2 times
and in “One to many” test case ran 4 times.

Thank you @ThanhTo and @Jass for helping me out.

Faizur

2 Likes

With Katalon 7 :
“Combining multiple data sources is only available on Katalon Studio Enterpise version”
:roll_eyes:

Need to downgrade my version… ?

Seems so.

Or… buy KSE.

A lot of handy features was ripped out from free version and now are exclusive features for Enteprise version. You can check the difference at page 10 over here:

Hi ThanhTo,

it’s me again. We now tested it with three items in the first (One) and two items in the second (Many) DB and got the following run result:

N1 - M1
N2 - M2
N3 - M1
N1 - M2
N2 - M1
N3 - M2

maybe this helps to you to explain me, what we are doing wrong, or maybe to find a bug, thanks.