Clicking the li element is not working

code:
WebUI.click(findTestObject(‘Object Repository/Way_Staging_OR/Google_Result_1’))

DOM: (trying to click this search result list item)

• California, USA
  • Exception:

Test Cases/way/Search_Testing FAILED because (of) Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/Way_Staging_OR/Google_Result_1’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: chrome not reachable

(Session info: chrome=67.0.3396.79)

(Driver info: chromedriver=2.35.528161 (5b82f2d2aae0ca24b877009200ced9065a772e73),platform=Windows NT 6.1.7601 SP1 x86_64) (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)

Command duration or timeout: 0 milliseconds

Build info: version: ‘3.7.1’, revision: ‘8a0099a’, time: ‘2017-11-06T21:07:36.161Z’

System info: host: ‘HPUSER-PC’, ip: ‘192.168.0.115’, os.name: ‘Windows 7’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘6.1’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_102’

Driver info: com.kms.katalon.selenium.driver.CChromeDriver

Capabilities {acceptInsecureCerts: false, acceptSslCerts: false, applicationCacheEnabled: false, browserConnectionEnabled: false, browserName: chrome, chrome: {chromedriverVersion: 2.35.528161 (5b82f2d2aae0ca…, userDataDir: C:\Users\HPUSER~1\AppData\L…}, cssSelectorsEnabled: true, databaseEnabled: false, handlesAlerts: true, hasTouchScreen: false, javascriptEnabled: true, locationContextEnabled: true, mobileEmulationEnabled: false, nativeEvents: true, networkConnectionEnabled: false, pageLoadStrategy: normal, platform: XP, platformName: XP, rotatable: false, setWindowRect: true, takesHeapSnapshot: true, takesScreenshot: true, unexpectedAlertBehaviour: , unhandledPromptBehavior: , version: 67.0.3396.79, webStorageEnabled: true}

Session ID: 7cc3813f4a9d6601cdf8b33d567716a5

*** Element info: {Using=xpath, value=})

Test Cases/way/Search_Testing.run:30

_org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: chrome not reachable

_This exception is telling you that Katalon can’t interact with browser. Make sure that you call WebUI.openBrowser() at the start of a test.

Thanks, i have fixed that

Actual exception

Test Cases/way/Search_Testing FAILED because (of) Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/Way_Staging_OR/Google_Result_1’ (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.WebElementNotFoundException: Web element with id: ‘Object Repository/Way_Staging_OR/Google_Result_1’ located by 'By.xpath: ’ not found)

Test Cases/way/Search_Testing.run:30

Cannot locate the dropdown state- california should I change the xpath, Please let me know what is causing and I did give scroll and visible its not working.Thanks in advance

Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/EXAMPLE/Page_Experience/li_California’ (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.exception.WebElementNotFoundException: Web element with id: ‘Object Repository/EXAMPLE/Page_Experience a New /li_California’ located by ‘By.xpath: //li[(text() = ‘California’ or . = ‘California’)]’ not found)

Same problem here. Any Solution?

Hi, everyone! There was a similar issue in previous Q&A forums here. For the life of me, I can’t find the one that helped me solve this same exact issue so I’ll just answer it and share some code.

I encountered this issue when ‘click’ events were working in Chrome but not Edge and IE. I think it has something to do with the web driver versions and due to some constraints, I wasn’t able to update my Edge Driver.

The solution I use is making katalon click using Javascript. I usually make this a custom keyword so I’m not copying and pasting this code each time. For more info on Custom Keywords click here.

How to click using Javascript

Essentially, we’re just going to make a class and call it ‘clickUsingJS.’ It will have to inputs. The Test Object it will ‘click’ and a ‘timeout.’

You will need to import a few more packages at the top of your Test Case or Custom Keyword (see below)

the imports you will need

import org.openqa.selenium.Keys as Keys

import org.openqa.selenium.WebDriver as WebDriver

import org.openqa.selenium.WebElement as WebElement

import org.openqa.selenium.interactions.Actions as Actions

import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.common.WebUiCommonHelper as WebUiCommonHelper

import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.driver.DriverFactory as DriverFactory

import org.openqa.selenium.JavascriptExecutor as JavascriptExecutor

**below is the code you will need along with how it is called. **It is defined and called _with clickUsingJS. _Call it and feed it two parameters, the test object and an integer to timeout with

WebUI.navigateToUrl(GlobalVariable.URL)

WebUI.delay(3)

clickUsingJS(findTestObject(‘MyAwesomeButton’), 1)

def clickUsingJS(TestObject to, int timeout) {

_ WebDriver driver = DriverFactory.getWebDriver()_

_ WebElement element = WebUiCommonHelper.findWebElement(to, timeout)_

_ JavascriptExecutor executor = ((driver) as JavascriptExecutor)_

_ executor.executeScript(‘arguments[0].click()’, element)_

}