Clarification for KS complier warning message

How to verify compiler warning message in KS editor when I am typing random string in script editor. Please find the below screenshot.

On a daily basis, I see numerous problems with code assist in the editor. That said, it looks to me that the editor is working correctly for you - underlined words are being shown correctly. It’s telling you “I can’t resolve this word”.

I got it. Thank you !

@poovaraj i wonder what happened when you actually run that script.
If is just running is a bug.
If it will say ‘the error is between chair and keyboard’ is a feature!

All the steps are passed except invalid string available line. Please find the below screenshot and error message.

Error Message :

02-15-2019 07:44:08 PM afdsafdsafdsafdsa

Elapsed time: 0.013s

afdsafdsafdsafdsa FAILED.
Reason:
groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: afdsafdsafdsafdsa for class: Script1550127321854
at Launch_Google.run(Launch_Google:27)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:328)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:319)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:298)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:290)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:224)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:106)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:97)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source)
at TempTestCase1550240034056.run(TempTestCase1550240034056.groovy:22)

Screenshot:-

so, it was working right. what is the concern?
http://groovy-lang.org/structure.html

Being a groovy script is expecting at least a method or a declaration there. Or whatever valid.
I can’t get the point, what is your expected behavior?
For me looks fine, top of it katalon does a try catch an treat is as a step to not crash the code

1 Like

Eclipse editor will show some warning error message if I entered invalid character and I have tried same in KS editor. So, I got this query. This clarification is KS learning purpose only. Here I didn’t say about bug. It is working good.

Thank you!

1 Like

Great. Thank you. I’ll remove my post.