Can't use project after changing folder name

I changed the name of the project’s location folder through the operating system. Now when I try to open the project in K Studio, it hangs. I tried changing the .project and .prj files, but the project still won’t open.

Also is there a way to configure Katalon Studio to create its folders WITHOUT spaces in the names. For example “DataFiles” instead of “Data Files”.

I’m facing the same issue. Katalon does not provide “Rename Project” option, and when I attempt to rename the folder via OS, the project does not work/open up.

ts said:

I changed the name of the project’s location folder through the operating system. Now when I try to open the project in K Studio, it hangs. I tried changing the .project and .prj files, but the project still won’t open.

Also is there a way to configure Katalon Studio to create its folders WITHOUT spaces in the names. For example “DataFiles” instead of “Data Files”.

1 Like

There is an option to change project nam in project -settings - information
If you directly change projecr name through file system,then Katalon does not support it

4 Likes

@Zarashima - After renaming the projects folder name through file system, now I cannot see the items in test explorer for any project in KS 6.3.2. I can’t see the test cases, object repository, checkpoints, Data Files, Test Suite, etc on any project. Please help. Urgently required. Lost all test automation!

Attached snapshot of Test Explorer in KS 6.3.2:

cc: @duyluong - Any help/suggestion will be highly appreciated! :bowing_man:

@Zarashima, @duyluong - Updating to latest version (i.e. from KS 6.3.2 to 6.3.3) resolved the issue. :slight_smile:

This issue has been fixed in version 7.0.

It doesn’t make any issue in Katalon docker, but it not the good practice when we use the folder with white space. I’d like to change from “Data Files” to “DataFiles” . Can we done that in Katalon Studio 7.5.10?