Can't acces the row when i import a .xlsx file

data.internallyGetValue(“varUser”, 2) → this is the command i am using.
Let me know if i am making any mistake here. Supposingly, 2 reffers to index of row here.

Deepika,

Could you provide more information on the file and how you import it into Katalon Studio?

I created test data(importing Excel) and assigned them to variables(say id, password) and created a test case, now my question is inside my text case i’m trying to reference the test data through variables.

Example:
Test data:
col1(id) col2(password)
row1 id_1 pw_1

Variables:
varUserName -> referenced to col1(id)
var_pw -> referenced to col2(password)

My question is when i create a test case how do i reference these variables in the test case so that when i run a test it should go and pull the id and password from the row1 of the test data.

I was trying this, but it doesn’t work.

data.internallyGetValue(“varUserName”, 1)

So., can you help me out on how to reference it.

Thanks.

2018-05-10_9-13-50.png

Trong Bui said:

Deepika,

Could you provide more information on the file and how you import it into Katalon Studio?

deepika said:

I created test data(importing Excel) and assigned them to variables(say id, password) and created a test case, now my question is inside my text case i’m trying to reference the test data through variables.

Example:
Test data:
col1(id) col2(password)
row1 id_1 pw_1

Variables:
varUserName -> referenced to col1(id)
var_pw -> referenced to col2(password)

My question is when i create a test case how do i reference these variables in the test case so that when i run a test it should go and pull the id and password from the row1 of the test data.

I was trying this, but it doesn’t work.

data.internallyGetValue(“varUserName”, 1)

So., can you help me out on how to reference it.

Thanks.