"Cannot save entity: file path length limit exceeded(260.255). You should shorten the name and try again" error when I tried to save generated resources by the Web Recorder

I encountered the error:

I use Katalon Studio 6.1.0 on macOS 10.13.16.

Steps to reproduce:

1. start “Web Record” in Katalon Studio
  2. specify the target URL to record: http://demoaut.katalon.com
  3. got through the site while entering various input data, to finish
  4. IMPORTANT: you want to choose “Hongkong CURA Healthcare Center” in the <select>, rather than the default “Tokyo CURA Healthcare Cnter”
  5. click “OK” to save the generated resources
  6. Congrat! you get the error dialog.

My investigation:

I looked at the list of Test Objects generated by Web Recorder, and found one with very long name:
select_Tokyo CURA Healthcare Center Hongkong CURA Healthcare Center Seoul CURA Healthcare Center

This name seemed exceeding the limit of file name size (255 characters). I believe this is the cause of error.

My workaround:

I checked another case where I intentionally left the select element as default and did not touch it. This time, no error occurred. :wink:

6 Likes

@devalex88, @ThanhTo, @YoungNgo, @duyluong

I want to remind you of this issue.

1 Like

@kazurayam

We are currently working on the fix, it will be available soon in the upcoming releases. Thanks for reminding.

Cheers !

The following issue look similar but slightly different:

Is this issue targeted as well?

1 Like

Hi @kazurayam

In Katalon Studio version 7.0.0, we have already fixed the bug that caused the Cannot save entity: file path length limit exceeded. error when saving test objects. Please check out the release note and upgrade to enjoy Katalon Studio with enhanced performance.

Regards,

Jass

i check all , but am not getting it not saved, plzz make me out from this issues

Similar error message as this?

Encountered this issue before, luckily was able to read this post and find this solution

Please try this and see if it works :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes it did! Thank you!!

Hi everyone,

We have already fixed this bug in Katalon Studio version 7.0.0. Please check out the release note and upgrade to enjoy Katalon Studio with enhanced performance.

Cheers

Jass