I encountered the error:
I use Katalon Studio 6.1.0 on macOS 10.13.16.
Steps to reproduce:
- start “Web Record” in Katalon Studio
- specify the target URL to record: http://demoaut.katalon.com
- got through the site while entering various input data, to finish
- IMPORTANT: you want to choose “Hongkong CURA Healthcare Center” in the <select>, rather than the default “Tokyo CURA Healthcare Cnter”
- click “OK” to save the generated resources
- Congrat! you get the error dialog.
I looked at the list of Test Objects generated by Web Recorder, and found one with very long name:
select_Tokyo CURA Healthcare Center Hongkong CURA Healthcare Center Seoul CURA Healthcare Center
This name seemed exceeding the limit of file name size (255 characters). I believe this is the cause of error.
I checked another case where I intentionally left the select element as default and did not touch it. This time, no error occurred.