Can I do something to ignore the launch of a test case before it is released?

I want to launch certain test cases depending on the environment offered by the databases, that is, depending on the type of data that I bring, of its characteristics … But I want to avoid launching empty tests from sentences If

thanks!

Well, yes, you can. First you need to populate a GlobalVariable with the DB name or similar, then use callTestCase from your “master” Test Case:

if(GlobalVariable.DB == "Oracle") {
  callTestCase(...)
}

Should I close your other thread and delete it?

Yes, you can.

Do you mean that instead of a test suite, treat the data in a test case and use it as a launcher?

Yes. You can think of it as a mini-suite.

Also, callTestCase returns a value.

def my_result = callTestCase(...)
WebUI.comment(my_result.toString())

All you need to do is return a value from the called Test Case:

// Test Case steps here

return "This is cool"

Thanks you so much for your time, tomorrow I’ll try this and tell you the results. I have Katalon’s computer in the office.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think that what I would need to do to achieve this in the way you told me would be to be able to map the data in the database from the case test.

If I do this inside a master Test Case

if (GlobalVariable.type==tipousuario){

WebUI.callTestCase(findTestCase('test_folder/setup'), [:],  FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE)

WebUI.callTestCase(findTestCase('test_folder/login'), [('password') : password, ('username') : username
    ,('tipousuario') : type, FailureHandling.STOP_ON_FAILURE)

}

I need to bind variables on a Test Suite, which forces the program to launch empty tests when the conditions are not met.

I explain myself well?

@Russ_Thomas are you here? :slight_smile: