Can I change which element to access during the test or change the characteristic (xpath)

Good afternoon! I need help. the task to select an element from the drop-down list. How to choose a specific item I figured out. Now the task: one test case is executed with different input data. Part of the input is a selection from the drop-down list. Can I change which element to access during the test or change the characteristic (xpath) of the element to select the desired item in the drop-down list?

Thank you in advance

https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/%5BWebUI%5D+Modify+Object+Property

WebUI.sendKeys(findTestObject(‘Page/div_7’), Keys.chord(Keys.ENTER))

new_btn = WebUI.modifyObjectProperty(findTestObject(‘Page/Element_1527231272674’), ‘xpath’, ‘equals’, ‘//span[(text() = \’+48\’)]’,

**false**)

WebUI.click(new_btn)

I tried this method. the new object is not located. what type of parameter should “equals” have? if I type in the section of the script it tinted blue. is it normal?

Your test object should already have xpath property, and it should be in the object repository. What I usually do is I have a general object with some xpath in the object repository, and I use that object when I need to use the WebUI.modifyObjectProperty().

How can I check that the xpath value has changed? now the value of xpath does not change

Are you sure it doesn’t change? What do you see in the logs?

05-25-2018 02:48:23 PM - [INFO] - Check Test Object

05-25-2018 02:48:23 PM - [INFO] - Check property name

05-25-2018 02:48:23 PM - [INFO] - Check modify value

05-25-2018 02:48:23 PM - [INFO] - Check match condition

05-25-2018 02:48:23 PM - [PASSED] - Modify property of object successfully

the next step is to click on the changed item (xpath at the element remained old)