Can a Dropdown menu be clicked using a Select Style instead of a Span?

Hi there, I am creating a web test and am fairly new to Katalon. I would like to have Katalon expand a drop-down menu using a “Select Style” Is this even possible? Currently I am capturing the “Span” so Katalon can click, then I am Capturing each Option in the drop-down. This is problematic because If this list changes I will need to manually add new entries. Further more when you select a “Span” or an “Input” or a “Button”, these items can change if we change the look of those items. It seems more intuitive if we were able to expand the drop-down using a “Select Style” and then specify a value in the Select Style index. Please let me know if this is possible. THANKS!!!

**Example of The Item I would like Katalon to utilize to expand a drop-down and select one of the values:

Select Style .png

and did you try that?
or i rephrase that
what are circumstances that can prevent you from try that by your own?

Andrej Podhajský said:

and did you try that?
or i rephrase that

I have figured out HOW to get the element, We have the element hidden that I outlined above. I now have moved beyond this issue and ran into another bigger issue. How do I use Katalon to Change Display elements of the entire webpage so that these hidden elements will be located when running a test.

1 Like

Joseph Coverstone said:

Andrej Podhajský said:

and did you try that?
or i rephrase that

I have figured out HOW to get the element, We have the element hidden that I outlined above. I now have moved beyond this issue and ran into another bigger issue. How do I use Katalon to Change Display elements of the entire webpage so that these hidden elements will be located when running a test.

Joseph,
we need more information to help you, HTML, script, what is expected, errors, etc.