BUG KS 7.9 does not recognize WebUI (!)

@frederic.jones @Sdhongadi

In KS 7.9, what can you see in this panel?

I upgraded using the "check for Updates: process under the Help Menu and got these problems.
I re-downloaded 7.8 and did not get any errors or see the problems in my Keywords folder like the first upgrade attempt in 7.9

I downloaded the 7.9 from the website, instead of the using “Check for Updates” and did side by side install.

This time I was able to clear all the errors and the WebUI keywords are being recognized in Keywords and in new test cases I am working on.
I have no idea what caused the other issue but doing this worked for me.

Not sure what happened when during the “Check for Updates” upgrade but it looks to be fixed now.

Thanks for you time and suggestions,
Fred

1 Like

@duyluong

It would appear by @frederic.jones’ solution, the problem arises when following the upgrade suggestion in Katalon.

Sorry i was not monitoring this thread and only posted again after i fixed the problem.
The error I saw were brought on by that weird issue where it look the “as WebUI” ( and others) were stripped off the end and put in their own categories.

The warning I cannot remember but I think it was caused by the first 5 default imports were duplicated:
import static com.kms.katalon.core.checkpoint.CheckpointFactory.findCheckpoint
import static com.kms.katalon.core.testcase.TestCaseFactory.findTestCase
import static com.kms.katalon.core.testdata.TestDataFactory.findTestData
import static com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository.findTestObject
import static com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository.findWindowsObject

For some reason that one would not clear after i removed the duplicates. Of course there was the WebUI keyword issue…so even if I fixed them I would still be in a bad state

@duyluong am not able to download 7.8 version from the website it says 403 error

link: https://www.katalon.com/
my scripts are failing in test suite however it is running successfully in test case folder. Its really annoying that am not able to go back to the previous version of katalon studio

Hi @Sdhongadi

To download v7.8.2 packages, you can download from Github: https://github.com/katalon-studio/katalon-studio/releases/tag/v7.8.2.

Back to the orginal issue, v7.8.2 and earlier this script are accepted by Groovy Compiler:

import com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.keyword.WSBuiltInKeywords
import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords

import WSBuiltInKeywords as WS
import WebUiBuiltInKeywords as WebUI

but in v7.9.0 and onward, you should manually change it to because we use the new Groovy Eclipse compiler engine:

import com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.keyword.WSBuiltInKeywords as WS
import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords as WebUI
1 Like

@duyluong Thank you for the link provided

Yes I did change these libraries manually but i had many issues while running the scripts below are few of them

  1. it is not populating the functions when pressed .ctr+space
    image

  2. if there is WebDriver driver = DriverFactory.getWebDriver() specified in the script, the script is failing the same location

import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.driver.DriverFactory as DriverFactory
image

  1. Also the same scripts are failing in test suite but running in test case folder

Anyways I have downloaded 7.8 version and will continue my testing in that version

Thanks!

Hi @Sdhongadi, @christopher.blake, @frederic.jones

it is not populating the functions when pressed .ctr+space
image

We found the issue that occurs when you upgrade v7.9.0 from v7.8.2 or lower, the editor preferences are still keeping but it may be incompatible after we upgrade our Eclipse engine in v7.9. Hence, the workaround solutions here are:

  • Opt 1: Delete folder config/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings
  • Opt 2: Download the fresh new v7.9 package from our website.
  1. if there is WebDriver driver = DriverFactory.getWebDriver() specified in the script, the script is failing the same location
    import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.driver.DriverFactory as DriverFactory
    image

@Sdhongadi For this issue, I think you are missing this import:

import org.openqa.selenium.WebDriver
  1. Also the same scripts are failing in test suite but running in test case folder

@Sdhongadi For this issue, please share the console log and the failed script (in private chat if you don’t want to publish here).

Thanks

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.