Browser specific drivers

Hi There,

I am trying to find out if is there any need to install browser specific driver in katalon to run any code in different browsers. Like if I want to run my code:
in Chrome , do i need chrome driver ?
in IE , do i need IE driver?
in Firefox, do i need firefox driver ? and so on …

Please help in this.
Thanks,
Puneet Samaiya

Puneet,

I have not needed to install/update the Web Drivers in Katalon Studio Windows 64 v5.4.1 for Chrome, Firefox and IE v11…

As for the Microsoft Edge browser, I would wait and see if you have any issues running Test Suites in Katalon Studio Windows 64 v5.4.1 before making any changes…

My Windows 10 laptop’s version of the Microsoft Edge browser would not start up when I ran Katalon Studio Windows 64 v5.4.1 Test Suites while I was using the newer version (v16.16299) of the Microsoft Edge browser’s Web Driver…

Therefore, I needed to install a different Web Driver for my laptop’s Windows 10 - Microsoft Edge browser (v14.14393), as the Web Driver version deployed with Katalon Studio Windows 64 v5.4.1 (v16.16299) was newer than the Web Driver needed for my version of Microsoft Edge browser to work properly and apparently wasn’t backward compatible…

The location where i installed the matching Web Driver for my laptop’s Microsoft Edge browser was:
C:\Katalon Studio\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.4.1\configuration\resources\drivers\edgedriver\…

Thanks David for your time,
I am trying to run on Chrome Version 62.0.3202.62 (Official Build) (64-bit). My windows version is Windows 7 Enterprise.

**And this is the error i am getting when I played recorded script:

Test Cases/LoginPage FAILED because (of) Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/Page_Book Bus Travels AC Volvo Bus/li_Sign InSign Up’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: chrome not reachable

(Session info: chrome=62.0.3202.62)

(Driver info: chromedriver=2.31.488763 (092de99f48a300323ecf8c2a4e2e7cab51de5ba8),platform=Windows NT 6.1.7601 SP1 x86_64) (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)

Command duration or timeout: 4.00 seconds

Build info: version: ‘2.53.0’, revision: ‘35ae25b’, time: ‘2016-03-15 17:00:58’

System info: host: ‘PC302484’, ip: ‘10.155.200.199’, os.name: ‘Windows 7’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘6.1’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_102’

Driver info: com.kms.katalon.selenium.driver.CChromeDriver

Capabilities [{applicationCacheEnabled=false, rotatable=false, mobileEmulationEnabled=false, networkConnectionEnabled=false, chrome={chromedriverVersion=2.31.488763 (092de99f48a300323ecf8c2a4e2e7cab51de5ba8), userDataDir=C:\Users\589409\AppData\Local\Temp\scoped_dir4788_31571}, takesHeapSnapshot=true, pageLoadStrategy=normal, databaseEnabled=false, handlesAlerts=true, hasTouchScreen=false, version=62.0.3202.62, platform=XP, browserConnectionEnabled=false, nativeEvents=true, acceptSslCerts=true, locationContextEnabled=true, webStorageEnabled=true, browserName=chrome, takesScreenshot=true, javascriptEnabled=true, cssSelectorsEnabled=true, setWindowRect=true, unexpectedAlertBehaviour=}]

Session ID: f35f6b7a252421b11385fa9f8f1c7e58

*** Element info: {Using=xpath, value=//li[count(. | id(“signInLink”)) = count(id(“signInLink”))][count(. | //[@id = ‘signInLink’]) = count(//[@id = ‘signInLink’])][count(. | //[contains(.,‘Sign In/Sign Up’)]) = count(//[contains(.,‘Sign In/Sign Up’)])]})

Puneet,

This could be related to a timing issue in your script’s playback speed relative to the application’s current speed…

Sometimes scripts will play back too quickly resulting in objects not being available to select/click…

The solution involves identifying which object was unavailable and entering a step to wait for that object to become available…

Is the object referred to below not available because Chrome did not start up?

“Test Cases/LoginPage FAILED because (of) Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/Page_Book Bus Travels AC Volvo Bus/li_Sign InSign Up’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: chrome not reachable”

David, Chrome starts up but after starting it gives error : "The site can not be reached."

Puneet,

Does the script run successfully when you run it using either IE of Firefox?

You might need an older version of Chrome Driver or you might need to upgrade your version of Chrome…

Downloads

Latest Release: ChromeDriver 2.38

Supports Chrome v65-67 

Changes include:
  • Fixed Chromedriver crash/lose connection when navigate to gmail 
  • Fixed unknown session ID and cannot determine loading status
  • Resolved Chromedriver doesn't wait until iframe content loads after switching into iframe
  • Fixed element is not clickable at point.

ChromeDriver 2.37

Supports Chrome v64-66

Changes include:
  • Fixed an issue with handling iframe on Chrome v66
  • Implemented various window command endpoints from w3c spec
  • Implemented get element rect endpoint from w3c spec
  • Fixed the parsing of extensionLoadTimeout option to allow value of 0
ChromeDriver 2.36

Supports Chrome v63-65

Changes include:
  • Allowed access to chrome extension within iframe
  • Added command-line option to log INFO level to stderr
  • Fixed ChromeDriver hang when switching to new window whose document is being overwritten
  • Added option to control the wait for extension background pages
  • Fixed abstract UNIX socket name
  • Fixed loading extension if background page name starts with '/'
  • ChromeDriver more extensible on Android by allowing to set the exec name and device socket as capabilities
  • Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are now working in Mobile Emulation
  • Chromedriver supports OOPIF

ChromeDriver 2.35

Supports Chrome v62-64

Changes include:
  • Supports persistent connections between client application and ChromeDriver.
  • Adds more devices types for mobile emulation.
  • Fixes a bug in get local storage command.
  • Fixes a compatibility bug that causes JavaScript code execution to fail on some versions of Chrome.
  • Uses absolute time in log file.

ChromeDriver 2.34

Supports Chrome v61-63

Changes include:
  • Supports new navigation model in Chrome v63+.
  • Fixes a bug where touch in mobile emulation doesn't work.
  • Fixes a bug in emulating Android devices.
  • Removed Timeline as a supported perf log domain type (no longer supported in Chrome).
ChromeDriver 2.33

Supports Chrome v60-62

Changes include:
  • Fixes a bug where Chromedriver crashes while creating DNS resolver.
  • Fixes a bug where Chromedriver fails to click in mobile emulation mode on Chrome 61+.
  • Fixes a bug which caused Resizing/Positioning Window commands to fail on Chrome 62+.
  • Fixes a bug where Chromedriver fails to connect to webview on Android 8.0.0.
  • Updates to excludeSwitches capability that now allows to exclude --load-extension switch.
  • Updates to AddCookie command as per new w3c spec.
  • Updates to FindElement command as per new w3c spec.

Location for older Chrome Web Driver files…

https://chromedriver.storage.googleapis.com/index.html