We’ve released a new version of Jira Cloud’s add-on with support for BDD editor (similar to its Jira Server’s counterpart). Due to limitations of Jira Cloud’s custom field system, it will take some steps to configure.
How to add a BDD (Gherkin) field to Jira Cloud
Install Katalon BDD add-on
Add a custom field
Go to Jira Settings > Custom Fields > Add Custom Field (https://.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewCustomFields.jspa)
Create a custom field of type Text Field (multi-line). Remember to associate it with issue types you want.
- This field should appear in the form where you create a new issue. However, the editor is not available yet.
Enable BDD editor
- Go to Project Settings > Katalon BDD, and select the field you’ve created, then click Add.
- Select all issue types you want the BDD editor to appear, then click Save.
Try the BDD editor
- Go to the issue page. In the new Jira UI, you might need to enable the Katalon BDD Fields section.
- Click on the pencil icon, write a Gherkin content, and click the check icon. Make sure the content starts with