AutoIt Scripts written in Katalon are not working when In Jenkins


#1

Hi,

I have a requirement to upload the file from window based popup. Hence, I have used AutoIt Scripts with Katalon test scripts. Which is working fine when I ran the scripts in local.

But same is not working in Jenkins.

Please provide appropriate solutions.
Please let me know whether katalon test scripts wirtten with AutoIt supports Jenkins?

Thanks


#2

Hello,
Q1: where is jenkins running? (Linux/Windows?)
Q2: how you running your scripts? (Katalon Docker/Selenium Grid/other?)

my 1st guess (that can be 100% wrong):
You are trying to use AutoIt that is developed for windows on Linux Jenkins CI/CD … will not work
you can-build Selenium Grid that will have at least 1 windows node that will be able to execute also AutoIt scripts (no experience with AutoIt - only what i read on their page)


#3

@Andrej_Podhajsky
A1 : I am running on Windows
A2 : Katalon


#4

is binary of AutoIt installed on Jenkins?
can you post error logs? error messages?


#5

despite the fact that is overkill to use automation top of automation …

Now, seriously. Why would somebody wan’t this setup?
For the ones thinking I am a ‘badass or troll’ … kindly refrain.
Simply, I don’t understand such need …


#6

i can imagine few quite wild scenarios, but most of them can be solved by robot library used directly from KS script. maybe it’s cheaper to solve CI/CD then rewrite AutoIt scripts…


#7

i can imagine few quite wild scenarios, but most of them can be solved by robot library used directly from KS script. maybe it’s cheaper to solve CI/CD then rewrite AutoIt scripts…

I have also a lot of imagination. But … sometime we may find out that we can solve it easier.
Let’s wait for OP input for a while … the question is: what is the final desired result?


#8

Please try running an AutoIT-only script (without Katalon Studio) on your Jenkins and let us know the result.


#9

Hi,

I have a similar issue.

When i’m connecting to my web application on chrome, I have an authentication window. As recommended by Katalon ( https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/using-autoit-for-authentication-in-katalon-studio.html ) I set up an AutoIT script for the connection. It works well locally and when I use my Jenkins job with server session open with a virtual desktop.

But when the session of my sever is not active (but open), Jenkins start the tests with Katalon but the connection step with AutoIT does not work.

This is a problem specific to AutoIT, but the solution proposed by Katalon to bypass the WebUI.authenticate that does not work with chrome is only partial and is problematic in this case.