Unable to Start Application on this device

I am getting a very strange error when I try to spy mobile. I initially was getting the “Fail to start appium server in 60 seconds” message, but after changing my appium download version I began getting a much longer error.

And yes, certificate was actually spelled incorrectly in the error message.

"Unable to start application on this device: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Could not sign with default ceritficate. Original error Command "/Applications/Katalon Sudio.app/Contents/Eclipse/jre/Contents/Home/jre/bin/java’ -jar /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-adb/jars/sign.jar /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium?node_modules/appium-uiautomator2-driver/uiautormator2/appium-uiautomator2-server-v0.1.5apk – override’ exited with code 1 (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)

Please let me know if there is any solution to this issue.

I am getting the following error: Unable to start application on this device: Appium directory is invalid Cannot find appium executable file. I have the exe in the folder location specified on my laptop, but Katalon seems to not be able to access it for some reason.

@“Eric Dannenbaum” try to start appium through cmd “start appium” it works in my case
but I got an error “No uiautomator prosses found to kill”

@Bob Small Make sure you configure correct Appium directory where Appium.exe exist (ex. C:\Program Files (x86)\Appium)

I got below error with mobile Object Spy
Unable to start application on this device: A new session could not be created
(Original error: Could not extract PIDs from ps output. PIDS: [], Procs:[“bad pid
‘uiatomator’”])

I am getting a very strange error when I try to spy mobile. I initially was getting the “Fail to start appium server in 60 seconds” message, but after changing my appium download version I began getting a much longer error.

And yes, certificate was actually spelled incorrectly in the error message.

"Unable to start application on this device: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Could not sign with default ceritficate. Original error Command "/Applications/Katalon Sudio.app/Contents/Eclipse/jre/Contents/Home/jre/bin/java’ -jar /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-adb/jars/sign.jar /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium?node_modules/appium-uiautomator2-driver/uiautormator2/appium-uiautomator2-server-v0.1.5apk – override’ exited with code 1 (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)

Please let me know if there is any solution to this issue.

I am getting the following error. Please let me know if there is any solution regarding the issue.

image (1).png

Hi,

I found same problem on my Macbook and can resolve by change permission at this folder "

/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-uiautomator2-server/apks/".

Anuchit C.

1 Like

Hi,

I encountered the same error.can you guys help on this?

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 2.36.22 PM.png

On my case, this issue solved by running katalon as administrator