email template

Is there a way to customize report email template?

1. Email subject should be more descriptive for readability.
  2. Katalon branding is great, but it could be smaller and in footer area, leaving us with ability to customize the report header... once again for readability.
Thanks!

Have you find it? If yes can you share… Thanks

You can customize it in Project Settings - Email - Template.

Email customization is available from version 4.9 (Project Settings - Email - Template.), so you guys can give it a try from that version.

Hi, Im encountering this error even if I set the template to default.

org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
Script1.groovy: 23: unexpected token: < @ line 23, column 34.

${g_Envi} ^

Script1.groovy: 23: unexpected token: > @ line 23, column 37.

${g_Envi}

Katalon Studio
Version: 4.8.0
Build: 2

2017-10-05_2335.png

Hi, anyone can help me with the problem I posted?

Hi Erick,

I got similar error when I tried to play around with image(Katalon Logo).Basically I was trying to put local folder path for image,Observed that file path should be forward slash (/) otherwise you can use any online path of the image that also works.

Regards,
Sudarshan

1 Like

This is a new feature we are implementing. Hopefully it will be delivered in next releases.

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know if email templates can be shared or imported from one project to another?

Katalon Studio
Version: 5.0.0

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Folks,

The Email template in my Katalon Studio does not display the
Attach as options which lists pdf, csv, html, log files etc. Only the
include attachment check box is shown.

Also the template shows no HTML editor and hence we are unable to edit the email template format/content.

Please view the following google links that have snapshots of my Katalon’s Email template and fields:

My Katalon’s Email fields - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HGXoVCxJJnMT-_k8dtokJvFz5PulIvuE

My Katalon’s Email Template in my Katalon: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B0UKJj46zUjBAXdG1nwiPphBS1jTXbW6

Awaiting help at the earliest. Thanks in advance.

Mohan Bharathi said:

Hi Folks,

The Email template in my Katalon Studio does not display the
Attach as options which lists pdf, csv, html, log files etc. Only the
include attachment check box is shown.

Also the template shows no HTML editor and hence we are unable to edit the email template format/content.

Please view the following google links that have snapshots of my Katalon’s Email template and fields:

My Katalon’s Email fields - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HGXoVCxJJnMT-_k8dtokJvFz5PulIvuE

My Katalon’s Email Template in my Katalon: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B0UKJj46zUjBAXdG1nwiPphBS1jTXbW6

Awaiting help at the earliest. Thanks in advance.

Hi Mohan,

Thank you for choosing Katalon Studio. Have you tried to restart Katalon Studio? Also, there is a Restore Defaults in Email Template. Please click on that button to restore the template. One more thing, navigate to File > Clean Up. Then restart Katalon Studio.

Give it a try and let us know if you still have the problems.

Regards,
Liam

Hi All,

I have question related email subject :

is there any parameter to put current timestamp in email subject ? So the email subject can be unique when I do continuous testing everyday.

Thank You,
bungezz

1 Like

Bungezz said:

Hi All,

is there any parameter to put current timestamp in email subject ? So the email subject can be unique when I do continuous testing everyday.

Thank You,
bungezz

Hi Bungezz,

Unfortunately, it is not supported yet. I will pass this idea to the team.

Thank you for using Katalon Studio,
Liam

Liam B said:

Bungezz said:

Hi All,

Thank You,
bungezz

Hi Bungezz,

Unfortunately, it is not supported yet. I will pass this idea to the team.

Thank you for using Katalon Studio,
Liam

Hi Liam

Let me know if it’s already implemented, it would be great.

Thank You
bungezz

Having a possibility to include test run date and time stamp will be very useful

1 Like

Vinh Nguyen said:

This is a new feature we are implementing. Hopefully it will be delivered in next releases.

Is this released? I’m using 5.5, don’t see allow me to use it.

1 Like