Katalon Analytics (beta) – Bringing new insights into test reports. Learn more!

Email configuration issue

Dear Team,

I'm trying to send the result to email and configured the settings as specified for Gmail however it is showing the error "Unable to send email to following server: smtp.gmail.com:25. Please check configuration on your email server." when i click "Send test email"

My configuration details:

Host: smtp.gmail.com

Port: 587

UserName - My full gmail id

Password - My gmail password

Protocol - Tried with None, SSL, TLS. I could not see SMTP option.

Report Recipient - My gmail id

Please advice.

Thanks,

D Karthik

Comments

• Hi there,

Have you followed these guidelines on this page? https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/How+to+configure+email+settings+in+Email+Preferences. There are some notes on last page which you need to set in order to send email successfully.
  • Dear,

Yes, i did the same configuration but it throws the error.

Thanks

D Karthik
  • Hi there,

How about changing your port into 465 and try again?

Thanks
  • Yes, i did that as well.

Regards,

D Karthik
  • So can you post me your Katalon Studio logs, it’s available as .log file in .metadata folder, e.g ‘C:\4.5\config\.metadata\.log’

Here is my try of sending email: http://prnt.sc/f8an3q

Thanks
  • Please find the screenshot of the error at http://prntscr.com/f8ast6 and log file screenshot at http://prntscr.com/f8au5a

I'm unable to upload the log file as the prntscr website allows to upload only the image

Thanks,

D Karthik
  • Dear,  Can you please advise me on above said email configuration issue?

Thanks,

D Karthik
  • Hi there,

We are checking again. Can you confirm again from your side you've done the following configurations?
    In case you are using two-step authentication, please turn it off before using that email for configuration.

For those who uses Gmail & Yahoo! Mail, please make sure you have already allowed low secure apps to access your account. Follow the guide here for Gmail users, or here for Yahoo! Mail users.
  • Hi There,

I allowed low secure apps to access the account and it works fine now. Thanks a lot.

Questions -
    1) By changing the access security level to Low, it will be a risk either to our account or to the company (if we want to use company email id). In this case, is it possible to find any alternative way to send email without changing the security level?
    2) For SMTP, what is the protocol to be selected? I could see three options 1) None 2) TLS 3) SSL

Thanks,
    D Karthik
  • Hi everyone !

I also have the same problem, I try several port, no one worked...

Could be a netprovider issue/problem?
  • Getting the same error. Any updates on this question?
  • Which Katalon Studio version you are using?
  • Katalon Studio
    Version: 4.7.2
    Build: 3
  • Downloaded the latest version as of the moment but the error is still there. I also enabled allow less secure apps. Sending of test email is still not successful.

Version: 4.8.0   - (Windows 10 - 64bit)
    Build: 2

https://www.screencast.com/t/hONet2s0

• Any other things i need to change or update? I also enabled pop and imap in the google account being used aside from the enable less secure apps.
  • I'm also encountering this issue. I've tried yahoo and google accounts but both are not working. I also enabled both accounts to also apps that are less secure. Please see screenshot.
    https://www.screencast.com/t/xkTqwwQFc

Katalon Version:
    Katalon Studio
    Version: 4.8.0
    Build: 2

• Can you copy for me Katalon Studio logs? It is available as .log file /config/.metadata/.log file

• Thu Sep 07 23:40:20 CST 2017
    org.apache.commons.mail.EmailException: Sending the email to the following server failed : smtp.mail.yahoo.com:465
    at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.sendMimeMessage(Email.java:1421)
    at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.send(Email.java:1448)
    at com.kms.katalon.execution.util.MailUtil.sendSummaryMail(MailUtil.java:129)
    at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.sendReportEmail(ReportableLauncher.java:157)
    at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.sendReport(ReportableLauncher.java:123)
    at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.preExecutionComplete(ReportableLauncher.java:80)
    at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ProcessLauncher.onWatchdogComplete(ProcessLauncher.java:171)
    at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.LaunchWatchdog.notifyProcessTerminated(LaunchWatchdog.java:135)
    at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.LaunchWatchdog.run(LaunchWatchdog.java:65)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    Caused by: javax.mail.MessagingException: Exception reading response;
    nested exception is:
    javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
    at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.readServerResponse(SMTPTransport.java:1462)
    at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1260)
    at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:370)
    at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:297)
    at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:156)
    at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:105)
    at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:168)
    at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:98)
    at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.sendMimeMessage(Email.java:1411)
    ... 9 more
    Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
    at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:192)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(SSLSocketImpl.java:1949)
    at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:302)
    at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:296)
    at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1509)
    at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(ClientHandshaker.java:216)
    at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Handshaker.java:979)
    at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Handshaker.java:914)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:1062)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1375)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readDataRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:928)
    at sun.security.ssl.AppInputStream.read(AppInputStream.java:105)
    at com.sun.mail.util.TraceInputStream.read(TraceInputStream.java:97)
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:246)
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:265)
    at com.sun.mail.util.LineInputStream.readLine(LineInputStream.java:75)
    at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.readServerResponse(SMTPTransport.java:1440)
    ... 17 more
    Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
    at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(PKIXValidator.java:387)
    at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.engineValidate(PKIXValidator.java:292)
    at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.java:260)
    at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.validate(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:324)
    at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:229)
    at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:124)
    at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1491)
    ... 29 more
    Caused by: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
    at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.build(SunCertPathBuilder.java:141)
    at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.engineBuild(SunCertPathBuilder.java:126)
    at java.security.cert.CertPathBuilder.build(CertPathBuilder.java:280)
    at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(PKIXValidator.java:382)
    ... 35 more

• edited September 9

This is the root cause:
    javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Some workaround solutions here:
    1. Check if you have any antivirus application which is blocking Katalon Studio application
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17098281/my-java-program-stopped-sending-emails-using-my-gmail-account

OR

1. Download InstallCert.java in this place: https://github.com/escline/InstallCert

Compile it using this Windows command line:

javac InstallCert.java

Execute the following windows command line one by one:

java InstallCert
    keytool -exportcert -alias -1 -keystore jssecacerts -storepass changeit -file .cer
    keytool -importcert -alias .net -keystore "jre\lib\security\cacerts" -storepass changeit -file .cer

Example:
    java InstallCert katalon.com

keytool -exportcert -alias staging.shoutforgood.net-1 -keystore jssecacerts -storepass changeit -file kataloc.com.cer

keytool -importcert -alias staging.shoutforgood.net -keystore "D:\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-4.5\jre\lib\security\cacerts" -storepass changeit -file katalon.com.cer