Email configuration issue

Dear Team,

I’m trying to send the result to email and configured the settings as specified for Gmail however it is showing the error “Unable to send email to following server: smtp.gmail.com:25. Please check configuration on your email server.” when i click “Send test email”

My configuration details:

Host: smtp.gmail.com

Port: 587

UserName - My full gmail id

Password - My gmail password

Protocol - Tried with None, SSL, TLS. I could not see SMTP option.

Report Recipient - My gmail id

Please advice.

Thanks,

D Karthik

Hi everyone !

I also have the same problem, I try several port, no one worked…

Could be a netprovider issue/problem?

Hi There,

I allowed low secure apps to access the account and it works fine now. Thanks a lot.

Questions -

1. By changing the access security level to Low, it will be a risk either to our account or to the company (if we want to use company email id). In this case, is it possible to find any alternative way to send email without changing the security level?
  2. For SMTP, what is the protocol to be selected? I could see three options 1) None 2) TLS 3) SSL

Thanks,
D Karthik

Dear, Can you please advise me on above said email configuration issue?

Thanks,

D Karthik

Please find the screenshot of the error at http://prntscr.com/f8ast6 and log file screenshot at http://prntscr.com/f8au5a

I’m unable to upload the log file as the prntscr website allows to upload only the image

Thanks,

D Karthik

Yes, i did that as well.

Regards,

D Karthik

Dear,

Yes, i did the same configuration but it throws the error.

Thanks

D Karthik

I’m also encountering this issue. I’ve tried yahoo and google accounts but both are not working. I also enabled both accounts to also apps that are less secure. Please see screenshot.

Katalon Version:
Katalon Studio
Version: 4.8.0
Build: 2

Can you copy for me Katalon Studio logs? It is available as .log file /config/.metadata/.log file

Thu Sep 07 23:40:20 CST 2017
org.apache.commons.mail.EmailException: Sending the email to the following server failed : smtp.mail.yahoo.com:465
at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.sendMimeMessage(Email.java:1421)
at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.send(Email.java:1448)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.util.MailUtil.sendSummaryMail(MailUtil.java:129)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.sendReportEmail(ReportableLauncher.java:157)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.sendReport(ReportableLauncher.java:123)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.preExecutionComplete(ReportableLauncher.java:80)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ProcessLauncher.onWatchdogComplete(ProcessLauncher.java:171)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.LaunchWatchdog.notifyProcessTerminated(LaunchWatchdog.java:135)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.LaunchWatchdog.run(LaunchWatchdog.java:65)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: javax.mail.MessagingException: Exception reading response;
nested exception is:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.readServerResponse(SMTPTransport.java:1462)
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1260)
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:370)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:297)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:156)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:105)
at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:168)
at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:98)
at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.sendMimeMessage(Email.java:1411)
… 9 more
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:192)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(SSLSocketImpl.java:1949)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:302)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:296)
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1509)
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(ClientHandshaker.java:216)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Handshaker.java:979)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Handshaker.java:914)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:1062)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1375)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readDataRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:928)
at sun.security.ssl.AppInputStream.read(AppInputStream.java:105)
at com.sun.mail.util.TraceInputStream.read(TraceInputStream.java:97)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:246)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:265)
at com.sun.mail.util.LineInputStream.readLine(LineInputStream.java:75)
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.readServerResponse(SMTPTransport.java:1440)
… 17 more
Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(PKIXValidator.java:387)
at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.engineValidate(PKIXValidator.java:292)
at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.java:260)
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.validate(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:324)
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:229)
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:124)
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1491)
… 29 more
Caused by: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.build(SunCertPathBuilder.java:141)
at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.engineBuild(SunCertPathBuilder.java:126)
at java.security.cert.CertPathBuilder.build(CertPathBuilder.java:280)
at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(PKIXValidator.java:382)
… 35 more

This is the root cause:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Some workaround solutions here:

1. Check if you have any antivirus application which is blocking Katalon Studio application
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17098281/my-java-program-stopped-sending-emails-using-my-gmail-account

OR

1. Download InstallCert.java in this place: https://github.com/escline/InstallCert

Compile it using this Windows command line:

javac InstallCert.java

Execute the following windows command line one by one:

java InstallCert <your_web_service_host>
keytool -exportcert -alias <your_web_service_host>-1 -keystore jssecacerts -storepass changeit -file <your_web_service_host>.cer
keytool -importcert -alias <your_web_service_host>.net -keystore “jre\lib\security\cacerts” -storepass changeit -file <your_web_service_host>.cer

Example:
java InstallCert katalon.com

keytool -exportcert -alias staging.shoutforgood.net-1 -keystore jssecacerts -storepass changeit -file kataloc.com.cer

keytool -importcert -alias staging.shoutforgood.net -keystore “D:\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-4.5\jre\lib\security\cacerts” -storepass changeit -file katalon.com.cer

1 Like

Hi there,

We are checking again. Can you confirm again from your side you’ve done the following configurations?

In case you are using two-step authentication, please turn it off before using that email for configuration.

For those who uses Gmail & Yahoo! Mail, please make sure you have already allowed low secure apps to access your account. Follow the guide here for Gmail users, or here for Yahoo! Mail users.

So can you post me your Katalon Studio logs, it’s available as .log file in .metadata folder, e.g ‘C:\4.5\config\.metadata\.log’

Here is my try of sending email: http://prnt.sc/f8an3q

Thanks

Hi there,

How about changing your port into 465 and try again?

Thanks

Hi there,

Have you followed these guidelines on this page? https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/How+to+configure+email+settings+in+Email+Preferences. There are some notes on last page which you need to set in order to send email successfully.

1 Like

Which Katalon Studio version you are using?

Any other things i need to change or update? I also enabled pop and imap in the google account being used aside from the enable less secure apps.

Downloaded the latest version as of the moment but the error is still there. I also enabled allow less secure apps. Sending of test email is still not successful.

Version: 4.8.0 - (Windows 10 - 64bit)
Build: 2

Katalon Studio
Version: 4.7.2
Build: 3

Getting the same error. Any updates on this question?