Execution from Firefox portable version

Hello,

I don’t have admin access on my Workstation.

Though I have installed Firefox but the portable version.

For this reason, I think Katalon is not able to launch my test suite with my Firefox.

Could you please tell me how to proceed ?

(If there is a section in the user guide I can refer to, please tell me, because I can’t see which of them are applicable to my issue)

Thank you !

ttdang said:

Hello,

For this reason, I think Katalon is not able to launch my test suite with my Firefox.

(If there is a section in the user guide I can refer to, please tell me, because I can’t see which of them are applicable to my issue)

Thank you !

In this case you can define a key named ‘firefox_binary’ and pass in .exe path of that portable version.

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 10.13.46.png

Vinh Nguyen said:

ttdang said:

Hello,

Thank you !

In this case you can define a key named ‘firefox_binary’ and pass in .exe path of that portable version.

Hi Vinh,

thanks for your reply. I appreciate your help.

I tried your solution but it’s still unable to launch the Firefox browser. Now it seems the issue is linked to the parameters Katalon tries to pass to Firefox.

Please see below a part of the issue log:

01-18-2018 03:41:48 PM - [INFO] - User set preference: [‘firefox_binary’, ‘C:\Users\tdang\AppData\Local\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe’]

01-18-2018 03:41:48 PM - [INFO] - Action delay is set to 0 seconds

01-18-2018 03:41:48 PM - [FAILED] - Unable to open browser with url: ‘’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException_: Cannot find firefox binary in PATH. Make sure firefox is installed. OS appears to be: WIN10_

Build info: version: ‘3.7.1’, revision: ‘8a0099a’, time: ‘2017-11-06T21:07:36.161Z’

System info: host: ‘PT6-9YCZWF2’, ip: ‘192.168.19.113’, os.name: ‘Windows 10’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘10.0’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_102’

Driver info: driver.version: CGeckoDriver)

01-18-2018 03:41:48 PM - [END] - End action : openBrowser

Thank you for your help !

I think you need to change PATH variable as well:

Alex said:

I think you need to change PATH variable as well:
java - Cannot find firefox binary in PATH. Make sure firefox is installed. OS appears to be: VISTA - Stack Overflow

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I have to find a solution on Workstation with portable versions of Firefox. So the default path cannot be used, that’s the reason why I am trying to force a customized path.