Solving Katalon issues with different Character Sets (was: Why my TestCase don't run?)

Caught: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find test case with id ‘Test Cases/LOGIN_MRV/LOGIN’

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find test case with id ‘Test Cases/LOGIN_MRV/LOGIN’

at com.kms.katalon.core.testcase.TestCaseFactory.findTestCase(TestCaseFactory.java:72)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.(TestCaseExecutor.java:87)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:98)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:90)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source)

at TempTestCase1537540656622.run(TempTestCase1537540656622.groovy:22)

image.png

Does the NUCLEO Test Case run?

You can try to carefully edit the name of the LOGIN Test Case and the LOGIN_MRV folder to ensure there are no stray characters in the name.

1 Like

My TestCase NUCLEO is empty, I haven’t passed orders yet.
I tried only with the LOGIN, but pops up this error in Katalon and is not even opening the browser.
The orders are very simple, I’m at the beginning of development.
I also simulated a recording by the “Record Web”, and also claimed the same problem at run time.

aa.png

I tried only with the LOGIN, but pops up this error in Katalon and is not even opening the browser.

No, because Katalon does not understand the name or path of the Test Case for some reason. This is very likely due to a character-set issue – perhaps there is an invisible non-unicode character in the path string (perhaps it is present on disk?)

Try renaming those files/folders.

I have renamed everything avoiding spaces and points, but the problem still persists…

aab.png

Key question I should have asked before…

Have you ever run a test case successfully?

I’m suspecting there is an issue with a path setting somewhere. If this is a new Katalon installation, you might want to reinstall to a different location and create a project in a new location, also.

See the response from Vinh Nguyen in this thread:

I uninstalled and installed the program, made the scene and finally worked. I still don’t know why the problem happened, but it’s running now.

Thanks for the help!

I hit the same issue as well. As Russ_Thomas said, it is because my project folder has some Non_English words, which makes the Katalon unable to find the project.
After i move the project to a folder with the whole path in English characters, it works successfully.

Thanks for the report, @Xing_Chen.

I’ve altered the title of this thread to better reflect the solution.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.