Gundamaiah Annamaina
Katalon Apprentice
09/05/2018

How to test Web service which will take list of integers from a csv file for POST Request

I need to test a web service that will take a list of  integers from a csv file. Also where we need to put that file. Is it fine to put that in Data Files folder.
Upvote

Comments

• Andrej Podhajský
    Katalon Expert
    09/05/2018
    what you seek id data driven testing
    and if you will try to find it together with word Katalon, you will get following link:
    https://www.katalon.com/resources-center/tutorials/data-driven-testing/
    Upvote
  • Gundamaiah Annamaina
    Katalon Apprentice
    09/06/2018
    edited September 6
    @"Andrej Podhajský" In Data driven testing, the documention tell how u can take the data from data files for UI and mobile testing. But in my case I had a webservice which takes the csv file and returns a json. At present, I did it by using the Http Body to send the file which is in my local. But my doubt here is , how it will behave once the scripts moved to projects and where we need to kept the test file in the katalon project.
    Upvote
  • Andrej Podhajský
    Katalon Expert
    09/06/2018
    @"Andrej Podhajský" In Data driven testing, the documention tell how u can take the data from data files for UI and mobile testing. But in my case I had a webservice which takes the csv file and returns a json. At present, I did it by using the Http Body to send the file which is in my local. But my doubt here is , how it will behave once the scripts moved to projects and where we need to kept the test file in the katalon project.
    this is something else than original post...
    and wht do you mean by "moved to projects"?
    Upvote
  • Gundamaiah Annamaina
    Katalon Apprentice
    09/14/2018
    edited September 14
    @"Andrej Podhajský" Sorry please read moved to projects as moved to git.
    Upvote