Error URL is invalid for SOAP WSDL

Hi,

I created a new Web servie request for SOAP then entered a WSDL URL under the Object repository. However, the error: URL is invalid appeared.
This WSDL link is on our secured company server.
I tried it in SOAP UI and works fine. See below:

SOAP.PNG

Anyone please?

Can Vinh, Alex, or someone else look into this? Thanks in advance.

Could you attach the log file pls.

Hoi,

I’ve the some problem. If I try it in soapUI it works.

@Trong Bui , where can I find the log?

Hi @Trong Bui Under the log viewer, there is nothing as soon as I hit “Test Request and Verify” , I already get that error.
Furthermore, the .log file contains the following:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 4 0 2018-09-05 09:32:53.922
!MESSAGE URL is invalid

Mohamed Laylow said:

Hoi,

I’ve the some problem. If I try it in soapUI it works.

@Trong Bui , where can I find the log?

under …\config\.metadata\.log file, you will see the logs. However, as per above, it doesn’t include much details on the error.

I downloaded the latest version (5.7.0) and there is a new error:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 4 0 2018-09-07 09:36:04.049
!MESSAGE Service Function is empty

Tried the wsdl in both SOAPUI and Browser and seems to be working fine there.

Hi @Trong Bui would you need additional information to assist on this? Thanks

This has been resolved by Katalon 5.8. I am now able to see the service functions.
However, when I run it, I get this Response 500 Internal Server error:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>

<S:Envelope xmlns:S=“http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/”>
<S:Body>
<S:Fault xmlns:ns4=“http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope”>
S:Client

Couldn’t create SOAP message due to exception: XML reader error: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxEOFException: Unexpected EOF in prolog
at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,0]

</S:Fault>
</S:Body>
</S:Envelope>

The popup dialog appears as well:

(Stack trace: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:205)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.webservice.VariableEvaluator.waitForEvaluationFinished(VariableEvaluator.java:116)
at com.kms.katalon.execution.webservice.VariableEvaluator.evaluate(VariableEvaluator.java:75)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.webservice.parts.WebServicePart.evaluateRequestVariables(WebServicePart.java:723)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.webservice.parts.SoapServicePart$4.run(SoapServicePart.java:230)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)
)

This is a different issue, can you try to look at this thread first and see if you can do something from your WSDL?

Vinh Nguyen said:

This is a different issue, can you try to look at this thread first and see if you can do something from your WSDL?
Java Web Service error: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxEOFException: Unexpected EOF in prolog - Stack Overflow

Hi @Vinh Nguyen the problem is that I have no control over the WSDL file. I work in a large enterprise and changing of WSDL (we have around 100+) would require a lot of re-work from our developers.

Hi all,

This issue has been fixed on release 5.8.2. Please grab that version and try again.

Regards

1 Like