*URGENT*: Only Simulators are appearing in Katalon (IOS ONLY)

I have followed all instructions within the following URL: Setting Up a Mobile Automation Project in macOS With Katalon Studio - DZone Mobile without error.

I can execute tests against the jacked in IOS Devices from XCODE without issue, both from with the XCODE and from command line.

When I open Katalon, a whole listing of Simulators are present but the actual IOS Devices connected via USB are not present. I have ensured the devices are trusted, all Developer options are set correctly as stated within the article listed above. I have reinstalled everything (Homebrew, Carthage, Node/NPM and Appium) all with the same result. At this point I am at a complete loss on how to proceed.

## OS (OS X High Sierra):

## Katalon Studio Version (5.6.0)

## Environment (for Mobile testing)

* Appium version ( 1.81)

* Mobile platform/version under test( iOS 11.3 and .4 )

* Real device or emulator/simulator (iphone8 (Real), IPAD 6 (Real))

* Xcode version (for iOS) ( 9.4.1 )

Even I am facing the same issue. I think this is mostly related to MAC OS Version as I have a MAC OS 10.13.4 and it detects the real device, but on OS 10.13.6, real device is not being detected.
I really hope it gets resolved.

Hi Kevin,

One of the first things you can do is see if the device is recognized by command line tools outside of Xcode:

idevice_id -l

If that does show your device, then it could be that you don’t have permissions to run some of the other command line tools that Katalon (and Appium behind the scenes) require. You can reinstall those tools with:

brew uninstall ideviceinstallerbrew uninstall libimobiledevice uninstall libplist
brew install --HEAD libplist
brew install --HEAD libimobiledevice
brew link --overwrite libimobiledevice
brew install --HEAD  ideviceinstaller
brew link --overwrite ideviceinstaller
sudo chmod -R 777 /var/db/lockdown/

Hope this helps,

Chris

[EDIT] Included reference to reinstall libplist, too, thanks to: Real iOS device shows up as <unrecognized device> . the execution fails because of a desired capabilities being blank

Does not work for me: details