Version 3.6.1 error upload file on chrome browser

Please fix it asap :frowning:
thank you

i seen version is updated “Version: 3.6.2
Updated: August 2, 2018”
But upload file problem does not fixed :frowning:

1 Like

I’m having the same issue; went back to run an older script where I had a file upload working, this is no longer the case. Hopefully somebody can acknowledge if this is a bug, or a new limitation with Chrome.

I was able to revert to a previous version of the extension (through some less desirable means), 3.5.8 specifically, and uploads are working fine in this version. So it would appear to be a change somewhere between 3.5.8 and 3.6.2 that has introduced this issue.

1 Like

yub , i just revert to 3.5.8 and turn off auto update :frowning:

1 Like

Steven Taylor said:

I was able to revert to a previous version of the extension (through some less desirable means), 3.5.8 specifically, and uploads are working fine in this version. So it would appear to be a change somewhere between 3.5.8 and 3.6.2 that has introduced this issue.

Hi Steven, just want to know how can we revert to the previous versions of the Katalon recorder? There are no options in the chrome extension.
Appreciate your response. Thanks in advance!

Hey Harvey, I’m definitely not encouraging rolling back to a previous version, I’m hoping a fix will come out quickly. I had to google around to find a site that archives previous version of extensions from the App Store (so that’s a big risk right off the bat, who knows what the sites are really hosting). Next you need to convert the crx file to an unpacked format (there are sties for this out there, but again, maybe a little sketchy). Finally you have to load the unpacked extension from the extension manager in chrome (you’ll have this option when you enable developer mode in the extension manager).

So to summarize:
1. find an old version of the extension (this is sketchy in the sense you can’t really be sure what you find online is what you are really looking for)
2. unpack the extension (websites exist that do this for you, possibly sketchy)
3. load the unpacked extension from the chrome extension manager (accept all the warnings)

I’m not encouraging doing this, I just did so to see if the browser behavior changed or the extension changed. In my case I’m going to need other people to run a test script I’ve put together and I can’t really tell them to go through all these hoops to make this work.

1 Like

Thanks Steven! I understand and I guess I’ll just wait for the fix and use Firefox for the moment for our upload test cases.
Thanks again!

Harvey said:

Steven Taylor said:

Hi Steven, just want to know how can we revert to the previous versions of the Katalon recorder? There are no options in the chrome extension.
Appreciate your response. Thanks in advance!

Hi Harvey,

I actually had to lower the katalon version to run the upload test case, it seems the support team has forgotten us. I have reported this bug very early but now there is no official answer from the development team. So sad.

P/s: if you need an unzip katalon version (3.5.8)
kindly email me (tuananhbizzon@gmail.com)

Hi. We sincerely apologize for the problem. This has been fixed in 3.6.3. This bug was created when we were trying to merge the underlying engines of Katalon Recorder and Katalon Studio’s utilities.

1 Like

Alex said:

Hi. We sincerely apologize for the problem. This has been fixed in 3.6.3. This bug was created when we were trying to merge the underlying engines of Katalon Recorder and Katalon Studio’s utilities.

Thank you for the quick turn around!