Floating Point Numbers in JSON

Hello Developer Team,

today I tried different targets like id, css and xpath with Katalon Automation Recorder 3.5.8 in my test case and I see that floating point numbers from the JSON file not be fully transfered in the HTML field, only the decimal places.

Here an example:

{      "MANDT":"001",      "CARRID":"AA",      "CONNID":17,      "FLDATE":"2004-11-10",      "PRICE":422.94,      "CURRENCY":"USD",      "PLANETYPE":"747-400",      "SEATSMAX":385,      "SEATSOCC":375,      "PAYMENTSUM":192717.09,      "SEATSMAX_B":31,      "SEATSOCC_B":31,      "SEATSMAX_F":21,      "SEATSOCC_F":19   },

The price and the paymentsum delivers only the decimal places:

I changed my HTML code, I add steps:

<td>PRICE:</td><td><input type="number" name="price" id="price" step="0.01"></td>

But without any effect.

The variables are setting correct:

Could it be possible that there is a bug in the JSON processing with floating point numbers or is there something wrong with my definition?

Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards
Stefan

katalon_recorder_json_floating_point.jpg

katalon_recorder_json_floating_point_2.jpg

Hello,

I found the solution. It is necessary to use setText command instead of type command for floating point numbers.

The FAQ says:
For input elements with type="**number", you have to use “setText” to set negative values.
My suggestion to complete it with:
For input elements with type="**number", you have to use “setText” to set negative values and floating point values.
Thanks and best regards
Stefan