README.md file usage question

Hi,

I noticed that a README.md file is loaded the first time the “Data-driven Tests with Katalon Studio” Sample Project is opened. My question is where is the README.md stored & how can Katalon be configured to open the READM.md file when opened? I ask because I would like to use a README.md for communicating changes/updates to fellow automation testers.

I am using:

Katalon Studio

Version: 5.5.0

Build: 1

Thanks,
Dave

Dave Evers said:

Hi,

I noticed that a README.md file is loaded the first time the “Data-driven Tests with Katalon Studio” Sample Project is opened. My question is where is the README.md stored & how can Katalon be configured to open the READM.md file when opened? I ask because I would like to use a README.md for communicating changes/updates to fellow automation testers.

I am using:

Katalon Studio

Version: 5.5.0

Build: 1

Thanks,
Dave

README.md file is stored on our Github repository: https://github.com/katalon-studio-samples/jira-ui-tests/blob/master/README.md. Once a sample project is loaded, it will also load this file and display its content as-is , so I think you can’t make changes to it directly unless this README.md content is changed on related Github repository

Thanks Vinh

Hi Vinh, Current I am using v5.10.1 and I have clone the below project. I have noticed that a README.md file is not loaded in Katalon now.

Is there any katalon settings to auto load the README.md …?