Jeremy Lipschutz
Katalon Apprentice
07/11/2018

WebUI Firefox SendKeys Method Not Working For "Backspace" Key

The expected behavior I want to see is the deletion of the last character in a textbox. I'm running into a problem in Firefox where the SendKeys method deletes the character as expected, but leaves a box symbol in its place at the end like so:

This does not occur when I use Chrome. This is the code I use to send the "backspace" key:

WebUI.click(findTestObject(testObjectPath))

WebUI.sendKeys(findTestObject(testObjectPath), Keys.chord(Keys.BACK_SPACE))

If anyone knows how to deal with this issue it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Upvote

Comments

• Anthony
    Katalon Ambassador
    07/11/2018
    The expected behavior I want to see is the deletion of the last character in a textbox. I'm running into a problem in Firefox where the SendKeys method deletes the character as expected, but leaves a box symbol in its place at the end like so:

This does not occur when I use Chrome. This is the code I use to send the "backspace" key:

If anyone knows how to deal with this issue it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Are you trying to delete the odd character generated when you send the enter key?
    Upvote
  • Jeremy Lipschutz
    Katalon Apprentice
    07/12/2018
    No, I just want the last character deleted. The expected output for those text boxes should be "Seattl" and "9810", but in Firefox they are those images above.
    Upvote
  • Jeremy Lipschutz
    Katalon Apprentice
    07/12/2018
    Anthony said:

Are you trying to delete the odd character generated when you send the enter key?
    No, I just want the last character deleted. The expected output for those text boxes should be "Seattl" and "9810", but in Firefox they are those images above.
    Upvote
  • Anthony
    Katalon Ambassador
    07/12/2018
    Ah I got those Unicode sort of characters when I was using Katalon to press ENTER, anyway using robot to press Backspace might do it for you

https://forum.katalon.com/discussion/6800/how-to-press-enter-with-webui <- see first response and change enter to back space
    Upvote