Katalon Studio
Katalon Moderator
07/05/2018
edited July 17

Katalon Studio v5.5 - Beta Release Announcement

Hi all,

Katalon Studio v5.5 (Beta) is now available for trial! Feel free to experience the tool and provide your feedback.
Highlights of the v5.5 (beta):
- Improve Web Recorder: The new Web Recorder will have a similar interface to Test Case View. It also equipped with the ability to execute recorded steps on the fly.
- Share Custom Keywords: If you want to share your custom keywords within your team or to the community, Katalon Studio 5.5 introduces Import/Export Keywords to help you quickly grab your favorite custom keywords from outside resources or share your own. 
- Extend Web Service's Object: Enhancement within the Web Service object's view to help you execute your verification snippets on the fly. 

Issues Fixed:
  • Failed status is not generated for 'verifyElementInViewport' keyword.
  • 'Unable to resolve class internal. GlobalVariable' error when executing tests using console mode execution.
  • Correct hotkeys display for Object Spy in case users change it.
  • Missing email reports when executing a Test Suite Collection in parallel mode.
  • Generated reports can't be deleted after users view them.
Thanks for always supporting Katalon. Your comments and contribution are all welcome!

Cheers,
Katalon Team.

Upvote

Comments

• jb
    Katalon Apprentice
    07/05/2018
    edited July 5
    Hello!

Where can I find the beta for Linux (so I can run it in CLI)?
    Upvote
  • Abdul Rahim
    Katalon Apprentice
    07/05/2018
    downloaded the mac version and got this error message "

“Katalon_Studio.dmg” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash."

Anyone seen similar behaviour?

Thanx

Upvote
  • boreos
    Katalon Apprentice
    07/05/2018

“Katalon_Studio.dmg” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash."

Thanx

sudo spctl --master-disable
    Upvote
  • Jason Roberts
    Katalon Apprentice
    07/05/2018
    edited July 6
    I'm still getting the same 'fixed' issue:
    • 'Unable to resolve class internal. GlobalVariable' error when executing tests using console mode execution.'
    in the 5.5. Beta release, Windows 10 64-bit version after running in console mode.

Console Error:

org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
    C:\Users\jason\Katalon Studio\Smoke Tests\Libs\TempTestSuite1530898018775.groovy: 14: unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable
     @ line 14, column 1.
       import internal.GlobalVariable as GlobalVariable

TempTestSuite1530898018775.groovy:

import com.kms.katalon.core.logging.KeywordLogger
    import com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException
    import com.kms.katalon.core.reporting.ReportUtil
    import com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain
    import com.kms.katalon.core.testdata.TestDataColumn
    import groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException
    import com.kms.katalon.core.testcase.TestCaseBinding
    import com.kms.katalon.core.driver.internal.DriverCleanerCollector
    import com.kms.katalon.core.model.FailureHandling
    import com.kms.katalon.core.configuration.RunConfiguration
    import static com.kms.katalon.core.testcase.TestCaseFactory.findTestCase
    import static com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.ObjectRepository.findTestObject
    import static com.kms.katalon.core.testdata.TestDataFactory.findTestData
    import internal.GlobalVariable as GlobalVariable
    Map<String, String> suiteProperties = new HashMap<String, String>();

suiteProperties.put('id', 'Test Suites/Smoke Test1 - Org Tab')
    suiteProperties.put('name', 'Smoke Test1 - Org Tab')
    suiteProperties.put('description', '')

DriverCleanerCollector.getInstance().addDriverCleaner(new com.kms.katalon.core.webui.contribution.WebUiDriverCleaner())
    DriverCleanerCollector.getInstance().addDriverCleaner(new com.kms.katalon.core.mobile.contribution.MobileDriverCleaner())

RunConfiguration.setExecutionSettingFile("C:\\Users\\jason\\Katalon Studio\\Smoke Tests\\Reports\\Smoke Test1 - Org Tab\\20180706_132658\\execution.properties")
    TestCaseMain.beforeStart()
    TestCaseMain.startTestSuite('Test Suites/Smoke Test1 - Org Tab', suiteProperties, [new TestCaseBinding('Test Cases/Smoke Test 1 - Org Tab - Non-Edge', 'Test Cases/Smoke Test 1 - Org Tab - Non-Edge',  null)])

Upvote
  • Vinh Nguyen
    Katalon Moderator
    07/06/2018
    edited July 9
    • 'Unable to resolve class internal. GlobalVariable' error when executing tests using console mode execution.'
    in the 5.5. Beta release, Windows 10 64-bit version after running in console mode.
    Here is another build to fix again this issue, please help to double check it again using this version: 
    http://download.katalon.com/5.5-beta/3/Katalon_Studio_Windows_64.zip

Regards

Upvote
  • Vinh Nguyen
    Katalon Moderator
    07/06/2018
    edited July 6
    jb said:
    Hello!

Where can I find the beta for Linux (so I can run it in CLI)?
    We will upload it shortly
    P/s: Here is the link for it: http://download.katalon.com/5.5-beta/Katalon_Studio_Linux_64-5.5-beta.tar.gz
    Upvote
  • Vinh Nguyen
    Katalon Moderator
    07/06/2018

Thanx

Looks like it's unsigned, we will double check it again.
    Upvote
  • Vinh Nguyen
    Katalon Moderator
    07/06/2018

Thanx

This issue has been fixed, please help to re-download again.
    Upvote
  • Kai Stempfle
    Katalon Apprentice
    07/09/2018
    Which InternetExplorerDriver release was built into 5.5 Beta? We're desperately waiting for 3.13 as it hopefully fixes some unicode issues with non-US keyboard input we face right now.
    Upvote
  • Vinh Nguyen
    Katalon Moderator
    07/09/2018
    Which InternetExplorerDriver release was built into 5.5 Beta? We're desperately waiting for 3.13 as it hopefully fixes some unicode issues with non-US keyboard input we face right now.
    You can replace IEDriver using this approach: https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Update+or+Replace+Web+Browser+Drivers+and+Selenium
    Upvote
  • boreos
    Katalon Apprentice
    07/10/2018
    edited July 10
    Hi, could you please fix directory name inside Linux x64 distro? It brakes container build process.

PS: I also built a docker image with 5.5 beta inside, if anyone wants to test https://hub.docker.com/r/0ddmean/katalon/

Google Chrome 67.0.3396.99
    Mozilla Firefox 61.0
    Katalon Studio 5.5-beta

Upvote
  • Uwe Bradl
    Katalon Apprentice
    07/11/2018
    Here is another build to fix again this issue, please help to double check it again using this version: 

Regards

Hi Vinh,
    are you sure that the right archive is stored behind the link you provided?
    I downloaded and installed it and if I than click on Help / About following version is displayed:
    Katalon Studio, Version: 3.0.5, Build: 5
    Kind Regards
    Uwe

Upvote
  • Vinh Nguyen
    Katalon Moderator
    07/11/2018
    Uwe Bradl said:

Regards

Hi Vinh,
    are you sure that the right archive is stored behind the link you provided?
    I downloaded and installed it and if I than click on Help / About following version is displayed:
    Katalon Studio, Version: 3.0.5, Build: 5
    Kind Regards
    Uwe

Yes it is the right one. We haven't corrected version of this one yet , but that is the one which've patched this issue, so don't worry about it.
    Upvote
  • quentin
    Katalon Apprentice
    07/11/2018
    Hello, is Appium 1.8 supported in this future version?
    Upvote
  • Gabriel Fernando
    Katalon Apprentice
    07/11/2018

Regards

I'm still getting the same problem('unable to resolve class internal.GlobalVariable')
    Upvote
  • Katalon Studio
    Katalon Moderator
    07/13/2018
    Hello all,
    Thanks for your feedbacks for Katalon Studio v5.5 (beta release). Your contribution means a lot to us. The official Katalon Studio v5.5 is now available. Please refer to the Release Notes and download the latest version here.
    We look forward to your continued support.
    Thanks and happy testing!

Upvote
This discussion has been closed.