Unable to click on object even object found from the web page

When executing the test getting fail with the following error.

"06-21-2018 12:01:49 PM - [FAILED] - Unable to click on object ‘Object Repository/Menu_Iteam_MainNavigation/lnk_MainMenuIteam’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.ElementNotVisibleException: element not visible

** (Session info: chrome=67.0.3396.87)**

** (Driver info: chromedriver=2.35.528161 (5b82f2d2aae0ca24b877009200ced9065a772e73),platform=Windows NT 10.0.17134 x86_64) (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)**

Command duration or timeout: 0 milliseconds

Build info: version: ‘3.7.1’, revision: ‘8a0099a’, time: '2017-11-06T21:07:36.161Z’

System info: host: ‘CSISL_SUDAM’, ip: ‘192.168.2.26’, os.name: ‘Windows 10’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘10.0’, java.version: '1.8.0_102’

Driver info: com.kms.katalon.core.webui.driver.ExistingRemoteWebDriver

Capabilities {javascriptEnabled: true, platform: ANY, platformName: ANY}

Session ID: 2c7e85043e253e53077761aaa2c8414b)"

But in the console, it showing relevant object has found. but not able to click. please refer the screenshot for more clarity. please help on this.

cannotClickOnObject_IssueKatalon.PNG

1 Like

Hello,
try to put waitForElementClickable()/visible() before clcik action
in case page is long also try scrollTo() command
hope it helps

Andrej Podhajský said:

Hello,
try to put waitForElementClickable()/visible() before clcik action
in case page is long also try scrollTo() command
hope it helps

Hi,
I have tried with that. but not working. :frowning: anyway thanks for the suggestion.

Hi Sudam,

is your object really visible? Isn’t it hidden or collapsed at that point of test?

Marek Melocik said:

Hi Sudam,

is your object really visible? Isn’t it hidden or collapsed at that point of test?

just try to get screenshot to check what Katalon really can see

Yes, it is visible. I have tried with putting some delay before to that point.

And is your selector unique? Is there only one such element with the selector you use?

there could be one more thing - you are trying to click on component that actually cannot be clicked due to event propagation - check if you are addressing correct level with your x-path

Marek Melocik said:

And is your selector unique? Is there only one such element with the selector you use?

Yes. it is unique. there is only 1 element. you can see it on the console as well. (please refer the screenshot).
Thanks.

Andrej Podhajský said:

there could be one more thing - you are trying to click on component that actually cannot be clicked due to event propagation - check if you are addressing correct level with your x-path

Can you please explain more? I cannot understand. anyway, I have validated the XPath and it it is allowed to click with selenium IDE.

sudam wellappuli said:

Andrej Podhajský said:

Can you please explain more? I cannot understand. anyway, I have validated the XPath and it it is allowed to click with selenium IDE.

in that case it’s ok and should be clickable in Katalon too.

Andrej Podhajský said:

sudam wellappuli said:

Andrej Podhajský said:

in that case it’s ok and should be clickable in Katalon too.

I have managed with a double-click. Thanks all

1 Like